This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Please new system update required for Asus ROG 2.

chhandama_hring
Star III
Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile
1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.
2. Overheating.
3. Frequent game crash of every game i play.
I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.
51 REPLIES 51

chhandama_hring
Star III
saichand66

Did anyone try running the game when the native refresh rate is 60hz?

just give a try. Run the game and play on 60hz it is working fine for me, im getting framedrops only when the refreshrate was set to 90 or 120hz so im toggling from 60 to 120 when gaming to general usage

there is a frame render issue when device refresh rate is set higher than what the game is actually supporting (60 fps)

View post
Never have i tried this before. Let me just experiment it. And I'll share my results here.

Gaurav_ROGII
Rising Star I
chhandama.hringngen

Since i updated to the latest adroid 10 version. I experienced a massive bugs in the systems while playing games, especially pubg mobile. I'll mention some of the problems i encounter on pubg mobile

1. Heavy fps drops when enemies/ opposing players are within visual range. And this causes the device to not being responding to my touches,its no more even close to responsiv as the asus company has claimed it to be. The screen literally freezes. Weapons cannot fire at all. Character cannot move in coordination to the touches i made on the screen.

2. Overheating.

I used to have a big trust on asus and even recommended it to most of my friends. But now, I'm ashamed. Even oneplus 6T performs easily better than rog phone 2 without even claiming to be a gaming phone. This is a huge failure of asus, inspite claiming to be the ultimate gaming phone. Don't tell me to try new setting. I have already tried literally everything i could.

Help please, I play customs in pubg mobile daily on my rog 2, but each and every game just goes worst due to the frequent frame drops, my phone just goes to 38 degrees in less than 5 mins. Help pleasee:(

Muralee
Star I
Did anyone observe that fingerprint scanner results to blink screen in grain pattern, and also on 120 hz screen the fingerprint scanner works bad. And at lockscreen also if the screen is 120 hz it takes a bit long to recognise fingerprint. Also the screen blinks for a while while opening any app (you couldn't observe if it's dark theme , try checking it on light theme . Put the screen ref.rate to 120 hz and open an app wait for fingerprint scanner you'll surely find it)
Does anyone play fortnite ? You can check the temperature raises minimum to 47° to 52°. Also battery drains like 1% per minute (approx) on medium settings.
Hope asus can focus on these issues soon . As users need them to be fixed asap ✌️

nelsond213
Star I
chhandama.hringngen

2. Overheating.

This is the exact same issue i am experiencing.

prithivmk
Star I
Hi I'm a quality analyst and I do experience severe crashes as well as fps drops during the gameplay with my rog 2,I would appreciate you guys if these bugs are fixed soon, thankyou