This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Rog Phone 2 restarts automatically when call ends (More than 20 mins)

Kashyap
Star III
Hello all,
I have been facing a weird issue with my Rog phone 2. It is only 2 months old. Not sure if anyone else has faced similar issue.
So when my phone is connected to bluetooth headphone and I make a call for more than 20 minutes, once the call is ended by the other party the phone shows the account balance as a Class 0 Flash SMS. The moment the flash sms comes in the phone restarts automatically. Issue happens every 2 out of 5 times. So not always but intermittent.
My phone is up to date and also I have performed a clean reset from he recovery mode. But issue still exist. I have not tried without the bluetooth headphone but have tried 2 different brands headphone and issue is same. Also I feel the issue will occur irrespective of headphone connected or not. I have managed to make a video of the issue as well in case #Asus developers team wants to help.
Build: WW_16.0631.1910.44_0
38 REPLIES 38

Kashyap
Star III
BlazeOP

Ask for a replacement device @Kashyap

View post
I did already but they have not acknowledged it

Anders_ASUS
Hall of Fame III
Sorry about the late reply. I'm on Christmas holiday so my reply time is a lot slower than usual. I just forwarded your log and hope that they will find the cause. We have a similar issue with ZenFone 6. They might be connected. Maybe this happens with specific regions and carriers in India. We're still collecting info to find the root cause and when we have, we will fix it. Don't worry.

Kashyap
Star III
Anders_ASUS

Sorry about the late reply. I'm on Christmas holiday so my reply time is a lot slower than usual. I just forwarded your log and hope that they will find the cause. We have a similar issue with ZenFone 6. They might be connected. Maybe this happens with specific regions and carriers in India. We're still collecting info to find the root cause and when we have, we will fix it. Don't worry.

View post
Thank you @Anders_ASUS for the assurance. If the local support team (Contact center and Service center) would have given similar assurance or shown accountability then I might have not felt the way I do now. But I am looking forward for you guys to come up with a solution at the earliest.
After some more investigation this is what I have found which might help-
1. Phone has to be in Loud mode. If in vibrate or silent then no issues.
2. Bluetooth needs to be connected to bluetooth headset. If used phone earpiece or speaker then no problem. I have used 3 different brands headset just to make sure that its not the headset. 
3. Phone screen should be locked and the other party needs to hang up the call and not me.
4. The balance message normally comes instantly after hanging up the call and that's when it happens, if there is a delay in the message coming in due to network issues or outage then no problem. But more than 90% of the time it comes instantly anyways.
5. I have used 2 other SIM cards of the same provider (Reliance Jio India) from my colleagues and the issue remains. 
I have tried to recreate the issue with other carrier but their messages do not cause the issue. What i have noticed is that Reliance Jio India sends the message as a "Class 0 Message" but the other carrier messages do not come the same way. Just so you know Reliance Jio is the fourth largest carrier in the world with over 355.17 million subscribers in India (Source) . So you can imagine the amount of people might be affected by this issue.

BlazeOP
Star I
@Kashyap If they deny a replacement for this, then it would be a shame. I heard Asus are sending ROG 2 to developers for custom development. Look into XDA forums if any ROM bring up is done and try switching to that ROM and see if the same problem occurs. That way u can find out whether it's a h/w issue or an OS issue. And my advice to you is next time spend 38k on a brand like OnePlus or Xiaomi (Xiaomi don't have a phone worth 38k as of now).

Kashyap
Star III
BlazeOP

@Kashyap If they deny a replacement for this, then it would be a shame. I heard Asus are sending ROG 2 to developers for custom development. Look into XDA forums if any ROM bring up is done and try switching to that ROM and see if the same problem occurs. That way u can find out whether it's a h/w issue or an OS issue. And my advice to you is next time spend 38k on a brand like OnePlus or Xiaomi (Xiaomi don't have a phone worth 38k as of now).

View post
The India Support team of Asus is really pathetic. They are not bothered what the customer's are going through. Even promised call backs are not made. So overall totally disappointed.
I do not want to change the ROM right now as the moment I do something like that with the phone Asus will just deny any sort of support. So for now I am keeping the stock ROM.