cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZenFone 9 randomly restarts

HelpingHand
Rising Star I
Hi all,
I bought an Asus ZenFone 9 from the UK online store. I started to migrate the apps from my old phone to the zf9 and once I finished I started to use my new ZenFone 9 as my main phone. However, I noticed around 3 dso that when i wentato unplug a fter charging the phone it looked as if it has been restarted. I thought it was a software update that somehow just did that so I didn't pay attention but then it repeated again and again every day since.

I started paying attention to it and started trying to disable certain features to see if that made a difference: disabled mobile data, left everything on and now I'm on airplane mode with WiFi on.

I upgraded to the latest version that was pushed some days ago hoping that it would magically solve the issue but... it didn't!

I quick Google Search revealed that sadly this issue is not that uncommon, and has already happened in the UK and Germany to other ZenFone 9 owners.

Is this a hardware problem? Is there a fix or a patch other than simply perform a factory reset and keep seeing the same issue? Can please someone from Asus look into this issue?
Plehank youase tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ZenFone 9
Firmware Version: WW_32.2040.2040.23
Rooted or not: no
Frequency of Occurrence: every day
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): not related to an app
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
=================================

screenshot-20220929-111646-settings.jpg
screenshot-20220929-111703-settings.jpg

Scenario: use the phone as usual, leave the phone idle a few times a day, at some point, when you try to use the phone after it sat idle for some time you'll notice that it had restarted because you'll be asked to enter your password again and about/ status will show an up time of just a few minutes
291 REPLIES 291

Jack81
Star III
b.preslavski

After the Android 13 update I had a restart this night, during charging.

View post
Yeah as I mentioned a few days back this is a more profound issue and as it stands it is far from being solved. Pity as this phone is really great otherwise. Possibly the best in a long while for me and the main reason I have not returned it yet.

ZT-0250335e
Star III
I wish you all to have a quick motherboard replacement as a fix. I used to have the Zenfone 8, which I loved, even though the Ramdump error hit me as well (kudos for Asus service, they switched the motherboard with delivery in 3 days!), the only thing I lacked was proper batterylife. Than life decided that I got an S22 from my company, and I can tell you all, that it wasn't a good choice over not just the Zenfone 9, but it was worse than my Zenfone 8 in almost every possible feature (poor GPS signal quality, poor Wifi and network strength, terrible battery life, etc). I decided a month ago, that I can't go any longer with the S22 and purchased the Zenfone 9, hoping that the restart issue won't hit me. It's been a month since I am using it (with A13 since yesterday), and I must say FINALLY! I know everyone values different factors in a phone, but I must say that I personally found the phone I don't want to switch from for a good while. I love every piece of it, luckily everything works as it should (and hope it remains).

I know it doesn't add much value to the previous conversation, but I thought I put it here, in case others like me read it wondering about purchasing one. I did it, and I am really happy I did.
I hope you can get yours fixed also to enjoy it as it was meant to be. I wish you all Happy Holidays!

abrahamjones
Star II
Mattias_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/240771#Comment_240771

I'm sending you a PM 🙂

View post
Hello Mattias, are we going to be informed regarding this issue? Is it a software or a hardware bug, any plans to solve it? On Android 13 I am still having reboots.

SvenSvensson
Star I
My phone reboots almost every single time I'm charging during the night. At first I thought it was the Ultra saver mode putting it in flight mode, but it also happens with normal Saver mode selected. And then the pass code/pin screen states the pass code has to be entered after reboot.

b_preslavski
Star III
Before A13 I had totally around 2 restarts. Since the update it's almost every time I charge the phone. I expected less bugs, not more...