cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dead Pixel?

Supra
Rising Star I
0YVDEHEUBD2C.jpg

I've had the phone for a few months, and I've always had dark colour scheme on, so I'm not sure when this occurred. Could this be dirt under my screen protector, wouldn't that definitely show a bubble?
6 REPLIES 6

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
If you have a screen protector there is a good chance that is what it is. When you turn the screen off can you see this particle in the light from your room?
It's highly unlikely that dust got under the screen and then migrated all the way to the center of your screen.

Supra
Rising Star I
LP_ASUS

If you have a screen protector there is a good chance that is what it is. When you turn the screen off can you see this particle in the light from your room?

It's highly unlikely that dust got under the screen and then migrated all the way to the center of your screen.

View post
I just removed my screen protector and it doesn't come off. It is definitely a dead pixel.

LP_ASUS
Community Legend I
Well that's unfortunate.
So much for my theory. 😉

_jis_
Zen Master III
I enlarged the picture to the maximum and at maximum magnification you can see that it is not a dead pixel but some irregular dirt, even if under the glass cover of the display, but it is dirt. Dirt had to get there as soon as the phone was assembled in the factory.