Android 12 Beta Program started

Jaganmohan
Rising Star I
Its Good news for Rog phone 3 users. Beta program started for Rog phone 3

23 REPLIES 23

BPM
Rising Star II
CHOOZR

On the Chinese Forum, it states that internal testing is going on already. guess we didnt get it then

https://zentalk.asus.com/zh/discussion/comment/211405#Comment_211405

View post
Maybe this is just a language barrier and I'm misunderstanding it, but I see internal testing as not the same thing as a private beta. To me, internal testing means it's just ASUS employees testing it before they invite in ZenTalk members for the private beta.

But hey, I could be wrong.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
fair enough, it is possible, but i posted asking about A12 inside. this was what i got. Im making a big assumption by saying that the 'internal testing' is within the closed Beta, an inner circle.

himverma2012
Rising Star II
I'm unable to find A12 beta zip file anywhere on xda or other forums. So, I think beta update hasn't been pushed yet

BPM
Rising Star II
CHOOZR

fair enough, it is possible, but i posted asking about A12 inside. this was what i got. Im making a big assumption by saying that the 'internal testing' is within the closed Beta, an inner circle.

View post
This is just my way of thinking, and it may not be what Titan meant (or how the message was translated), but to me "internal" means completely within the company, without any external sources. Not being employees of ASUS, that would make us (ZenTalk users) an external source.
I'm not at expert in the field by any means, but given how complex software can be (especially an entire OS), I can see testing being done across several phases:
Internal testing - a smaller control group within the company to tackle the bigger issues

Private/closed testing - a slightly larger control group, using select community members that have signed up

Pubic/open testing - if further testing is needed, then opening it up to anyone who wants to try

Especially with video games, I see many of them do both closed and open beta tests. However, the developers would still do their own internal testing/QA before letting anyone outside the company try anything.

CHOOZR
Zen Master I
@BPM
you are right.
seems like some managed to get it today
ZT-3da3b2e2

22/05/03 ROG3 已收到Android 12更新包,下載完成遲遲不敢更新下去,不曉得會不會變成磚

View post