This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System update .231 (Android 11)

ExodusCODM
Rising Star II
A new system update has arrived for Android 11 (.231) on rog 5 global rom. The description says: optimised system update. I think it should fix the performance issues that everyone is complaining. Has anyone updated yet? If so, give a heads up of the situation. Any noticeable improvement?

I can't because I'm on a12
16484891079984407456400912376779.jpg

44 REPLIES 44

FunBike31
Community Legend I
ramdanrivanto

What is going on here you mean there is still update for A11 while A12 is already released for global? Can someone explain this?

View post
Yes, it's very easy to explain but I prefer to censor myself, just to say that there are 2 categories of users, I am in the first (A11) and I just hope that there is will finally have the last 2 or 3 bug fixes left on A11 now that performance is back, come on ASUS just a little more effort on that fucking Slaservice error message, maintain 4/5G data and port USB-C PD charging from the bottom and everything will be perfect

sumit_kohli
Star III
hows the performance on .231???

sumit_kohli
Star III
@FunBike31 did u update to .231 and checked the performace??

soulreaper0666
Rising Star II
waxy78611

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/208882#Comment_208882

Let us know how this update is 😊

Battery life, speaker quality, benchmarks, throttling & any other stuff you feel worth mentioning

View post
Seems like they messed up the speakers once again cause volume at above 90 seems like to have sound modulation issue as if voice is going up and down. First i thought its in just one music video. But im also in doubt whether its in my head or is it really happening in the phone. I will try the same video on my brother's ROG 5 phone.
They bumped up the cpu performance a bit, i tried genshin, pubg and few more games its bit smoother than .229 update. Did cpu throttle app with x mode it was constantly doing 2.84ghz but in game it sure goes to 2.42ghz few seconds in between the gameplay of genshin. And without xmode on, there are few fps dip every now and then. Testing battery life after full charge, will update about it.

waxy78611
Zen Master I
sumit_kohli

@FunBike31 did u update to .231 and checked the performace??

View post
I'm waiting for feedback too for .231
I'm on .226 at the moment and it's solid, no issues at all. Eager to know what .231 is like