Idk
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name:Rog Phone 5
Firmware Version:18.0840.2109.176
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:After I got my phone back from the service center
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone had those issues which everyone have,the wifi/hotspot stopped working and shortly after the phone died and never worked again.Sent it to the service center,the motherboard got replaced and I got my phone back after 2 weeks.
After I turned on the phone,I saw that the armoury crate version that I have is not for the normal Rog phone 5(the one with the rog logo on the back,that I own) ,it is for the Rog Phone 5 Pro(the one with the screen on the back).
I also tried to use the fingerprint,but it didn't work at all.I did a test on the calculator using ".12345+="and it says that the fingerprint is working.
I think they installed a wrong firmware version on my phone and thats why the fingerprint and the rgb is not working.
Anyways....How can you guys do such mistakes?Man..
I attached some pictures,explaining my issues much better
screenshot-20211027-132623600.jpg
screenshot-20211027-132633792.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133355948.jpg
screenshot-20211027-133409084.jpg
received-858020611573168.jpeg

9 REPLIES 9

FunBike31
Community Legend I
This shows that the firmware installation part does not include the right tests, the Soc are identical but a test on the capacity of the Flash memory should have avoided this kind of error, it is certainly the only point that differentiates the normal from the pro, the RGB display driver must be the same.

You just have to ask for a Pro model in compensation

Idk
Star III
FunBike31

This shows that the firmware installation part does not include the right tests, the Soc are identical but a test on the capacity of the Flash memory should have avoided this kind of error, it is certainly the only point that differentiates the normal from the pro, the RGB display driver must be the same.

You just have to ask for a Pro model in compensation

View post
Lol.I wish they could actually do that.Wouldnt mind the pro version IF I know that it wont die after a few months or something.
Anyways,I would be extremely satisified if they could just solve my issues somehow without having me to send it to the service senter again.Like,I guess they could connect remotely to my phone or smth.Idk

Indr
Rising Star II
Idk

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name:Rog Phone 5
  2. Firmware Version:18.0840.2109.176
  3. Rooted or not:No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence:After I got my phone back from the service center
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

My phone had those issues which everyone have,the wifi/hotspot stopped working and shortly after the phone died and never worked again.Sent it to the service center,the motherboard got replaced and I got my phone back after 2 weeks.

After I turned on the phone,I saw that the armoury crate version that I have is not for the normal Rog phone 5(the one with the rog logo on the back,that I own) ,it is for the Rog Phone 5 Pro(the one with the screen on the back).

I also tried to use the fingerprint,but it didn't work at all.I did a test on the calculator using ".12345+="and it says that the fingerprint is working.

I think they installed a wrong firmware version on my phone and thats why the fingerprint and the rgb is not working.

Anyways....How can you guys do such mistakes?Man..

I attached some pictures,explaining my issues much better

screenshot-20211027-132623600.jpg

screenshot-20211027-132633792.jpg

screenshot-20211027-133355948.jpg

screenshot-20211027-133409084.jpg

received-858020611573168.jpeg

Fingerprint not working working/armoury crate version is not for my phone
After Changing MOBO I had same Problem with RGB back Light, They were not working at all, I returned to them..
Lastly they said that the RGB issue was gone after that I picked up the device.. 😪

Lord_Messi
Zen Master II
You should come back to service center and ask them to flash your phone and install proper driver