Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ROG Phone 5 Global
Firmware Version: Latest
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Regular
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Battery mode: Dynamic
Refresh Rate: Auto
My new 3 days old ROG 5 is showing approx 6 hours of SOT with mixed usage and lasts for about 20 hours. So, I ran the AccuBattery Pro while charging the phone from 5% to 98%, and twice while charging from around 40% to 100%.
And here are the results, even after a total charge of 174%, it didn't charge to the capacity of 6000mAh.
Can anyone in the community perform the same test as well using AccuBattery Pro and see what the battery health and estimated capacity is?
For comparison I ran the same test on my almost 3 years old Oneplus 6T(2nd pic):
ROG Phone 5:
image.png
OP 6T:
image.png

50 REPLIES 50

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
thejus44

image.png

Here's my usage. I followed the tips from a user "Therazorsedge" on xda:

1 # Disable: "Phone data always active" on developer settings, search on GOOGLE how to access to developer options.

2 # Install latest WW rom from the zip on ASUS website >than .49 and do FULL WIPE.

3 # IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100% SIGNAL ON 5G, DISABLE IT, cause don't work and drain battery.

I'm running build 18.0840.2104.49, by the way.

View post
Thanks a lot. I have a couple of questions, if you don't mind. 😅
Are there a few hours of gaming involved in the above Screenshot?
Could please tell me how much Screen time you were getting before the optimizations was it same as mine i.e. around 6 hours with light- mixed usage or more than 6 hours?

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
thejus44

image.png

Here's my usage. I followed the tips from a user "Therazorsedge" on xda:

1 # Disable: "Phone data always active" on developer settings, search on GOOGLE how to access to developer options.

2 # Install latest WW rom from the zip on ASUS website >than .49 and do FULL WIPE.

3 # IF YOU DON'T HAVE 100% SIGNAL ON 5G, DISABLE IT, cause don't work and drain battery.

I'm running build 18.0840.2104.49, by the way.

View post
I haven't installed the WW Rom from website but, I am running the same build as yours.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
@Anna-Kin Is you phone the Tencent version? Are you not running the Global Rom?
Anyways i would still suggest go ahead and get a replacement done asap. Later it would be difficult for you bro

Anna-Kin
Rising Star I
Reaperzwolf

@Anna-Kin Is you phone the Tencent version? Are you not running the Global Rom?

Anyways i would still suggest go ahead and get a replacement done asap. Later it would be difficult for you bro

View post
Its the global ROM, I meant I haven't downloaded and installed from the website.
Yeah, i guess i ll try to get it replaced.
@Reaperzwolf Just look at jus44's battery usage man. Its amazing. I mean.. how?
I know that isnt the full screenshot, still it has 12 hrs of SOT with browsing, watching YouTube and texting, impressive.

ReaperZ_Wolf
Zen Master I
Anna-Kin

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/171673#Comment_171673

Its the global ROM, I meant I haven't downloaded and installed from the website.

Yeah, i guess i ll try to get it replaced.

@Reaperzwolf Just look at jus44's battery usage man. Its amazing. I mean.. how?

I know that isnt the full screenshot, still it has 12 hrs of SOT with browsing, watching YouTube and texting, impressive.

View post
Such type of SOT can be achieved if you barely use your phone and switch off the phone in between. There are gaps in the graph which is phone switched off. So coming to other parts he seems to have just utilised less apps.