This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

updates for asus 5z

ZT-2b48628a
Star III
Hi asus, I would like to know if there are anymore updates for us 5z users. Because there are still problems like battery drain, heating problems and so on.
And also is android 11 or zen ui 7 comming to 5z. I am just curious about it. Because I just bought this a year ago and I still like this device, that's why.
It would be great if we atleast get zen ui 7 instead of android 11.
74 REPLIES 74

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
JACKSPARROW

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/154301#Comment_154301

image.png

Mobile Network Standby Battery Drain ? .. @AmitGarde , You Are Going Tell Change New Battery ? . How I Got SOT Because I Turn Off WiFi , Mobile Data , Screen Brightness 25% And I Am Using KillApps : Close all apps running , I Will All Most All Apps Even System Apps Also Then After I Got This SOT . First I Got This SOT On Android 10.. Happy Tears 🤣

View post
Also if you still doubt that something wrong with software you can give a try with factory data reset once and see behaviour with your battery drain.
Thanks!

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Averan

screenshot-20210308-131244078.jpg

I'm getting good sot on the current firmware (still using the original battery which is 2.5yrs+ old at this point)

They just need to fix the stats though

View post
Let me tell you my battery stats problem was fixed automatically after i changed my battery. So i guess there seems something wrong with android to calibrate battery with less health and believe me Android stats are not always accurate so you cannot trust those stats fully.
Thanks!

hkorkut
Rising Star II
Xiaomi redmi note 8 pro battery statistics work perfectly. I have been able to test and use it many times. So in summary, Xiaomi note 8 pro is also an android phone. Or am I wrong?If others are doing it, why can't Asus? Or doesn't want to deal with it?

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
Here i show my new battery stats and SOT with some gaming & always on 4G.i dont see any mess with stats after i changed my battery.
screenshot-20210309-180909568.jpg
@JACKSPARROW @Averan @hkorkut @Guri27 @dsaikat127 @Gera
Thanks!

JACKSPARROW
Rising Star II
AmitGarde

Here i show my new battery stats and SOT with some gaming & always on 4G.i dont see any mess with stats after i changed my battery.

screenshot-20210309-180909568.jpg

@JACKSPARROW @Averan @hkorkut @Guri27 @dsaikat127 @Gera

Thanks!

View post
I Think i dont need to change new battery because i got SOT 5h sometime , today i got 4h 40mins only but that is fully based on usage and look your ss phone idle is just 6h 25mins but mine 22h 40 mins . Per day how many times you charger your phone @AmitGarde. i will charger my phone once. May be software side also problem battery drain no need change battery , i think and whats your though. i am not fighting just sharing my opinion @AmitGarde
And
One Request Take Screenshot u try based on like my usage means phone idle if possible .Even i will try to based on your usage. Then we come one conclusion.