This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Storage Files app deleted

In my unrooted Asus6z, firmware WW_18.0610.2101.12, i thought it as a duplicate of file manager app and accidently deleted the Files app from the app list. In the settings can not access files in the storage. Can it be recovered as It is not on the google play store.

30 REPLIES 30

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
Well I just did a factory reset for a different reason and now the Files app is gone. I had it on A11 (107) prior to the reset but now it is gone.

_jis_
Zen Master III
skylerwolfe

Well I just did a factory reset for a different reason and now the Files app is gone. I had it on A11 (107) prior to the reset but now it is gone.

View post
Could you confirm or deny these statements now after factory reset?
Files application is the only way to access the files in the android data folder in the new android version.
If you uninstalled apk Files You won't get a local backup, etc. 
without this app i can not access my external storage inside settings >storage. Although internal storage is accessible inside settings>storage, the file folder in it wont open. I think it can only open with the Files app, local back up in the external storage is also not possible without this app....i also think so that a core functionality is lost...

skylerwolfe
Zen Master I
_jis_

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148915#Comment_148915

Could you confirm or deny these statements now after factory reset?

Files application is the only way to access the files in the android data folder in the new android version.

If you uninstalled apk Files You won't get a local backup, etc. 

without this app i can not access my external storage inside settings >storage. Although internal storage is accessible inside settings>storage, the file folder in it wont open. I think it can only open with the Files app, local back up in the external storage is also not possible without this app....i also think so that a core functionality is lost...

View post
If I am correctly understanding that person, no. The only loss of functionality I have seen so far is the inability to go to Android/data. I can access my external (SD card) storage.
Edit - I misunderstood. When I go to settings --> storage and tap micro sd under portable storage, it gives me the option to explore with the Files app, but that app is not in my (Nova) launcher....
screenshot-20210123-074157675.jpg
screenshot-20210123-074238803.jpg

Monark
Zen Master I
skylerwolfe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/148943#Comment_148943

If I am correctly understanding that person, no. The only loss of functionality I have seen so far is the inability to go to Android/data. I can access my external (SD card) storage.

Edit - I misunderstood. When I go to settings --> storage and tap micro sd under portable storage, it gives me the option to explore with the Files app, but that app is not in my (Nova) launcher....

screenshot-20210123-074157675.jpg

screenshot-20210123-074238803.jpg

View post
That's what i said i can able to do all the operations and can able to access the sd card no need for separate app i suppose👍

_jis_
Zen Master III
If I understand you correctly, you haven't lost any basic functionality and everything is working after factory reset.
Can you test whether this application can replace the missing shortcut for Files app?
Files - Apps on Google Play