Snaloe
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG_Phone3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2012.122
Rooted or not: NOT
Frequency of Occurrence: Permanent
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
Myself and my mother both bout one of these phones each, and it has effected us both on the same update ( 17.0823.2009.99 ) Before the update moblie internet was working fine, after both phones would not access internet on mobile. APN's are correct. Asda Mobile Carrier.
33 REPLIES 33

Snaloe
Star I
Gustav_ASUS

@Snaloe A new update was released today. Check if you have received version 2012.122 and download it if you do.

View post
@Gustav_ASUS
Yes I have already updated, I did it before posting as is noted by the version in OP. Far as I can see the only hope is to wait and hope a new update fixes the problem. But it dose not help they do not seem to see the problem.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Snaloe

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/142248#Comment_142248

@Gustav_ASUS

Yes I have already updated, I did it before posting as is noted by the version in OP. Far as I can see the only hope is to wait and hope a new update fixes the problem. But it dose not help they do not seem to see the problem.

View post
Is it just the Internet not working? Are you able to make calls?
Sometimes weird things like toggling airplane mode seems to work, do you want to give this a shot?
The next thing you can try is: Settings - System - Reset options - Reset Wi-Fi, Mobile & Bluetooth

Snaloe
Star I
Calls work, text messages work, as stated above Reset has be done about 5 times now with trying reboot after and no reboot after. No effect. Since the update mobile internet is not working. 100% the update broke the mobile internet.

ronald1985
Community Legend I
Snaloe

Calls work, text messages work, as stated above Reset has be done about 5 times now with trying reboot after and no reboot after. No effect. Since the update mobile internet is not working. 100% the update broke the mobile internet.

View post
Yep, you have been asked many times, sorry about that.
Definately not playing down this is a firmware issue. One thing I am confused though is that you're seeing: "Cellular Network status: Disconnected", but yet you're able to make calls and send messages.
On ROG 2, there's a setting at: Setting - System - About Phone - Status - SIM Status
Can you post a screenshot of this page (if you have it or something similar will do)?
Not everyone is having this problem which makes it weird - so it will be good to know what is wrong and at the same time provide a workaround where possible while a new firmware update is being produced where applicable.

Snaloe
Star I
@ronald1985
Network = EE (ee provides the service to Asda Mobile this is correct)
Phonenumber = (not needed but its there)
Moblie Network State = Disconnected
Service State = Voice: In service / Data: In service
Signal Strength = -87 dBm 33asu
Mobile Voice Network Type = UMTS
Mobile Data Network Type = HSPA
Roaming = Not Roaming
-----
That is everything the sim status says.