This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Goodbye Asus, Its really a shame.

Droid
Star III
Rog 3, Such a great phone with great specs at low price when compared to other flagships.
Phone was released in August and its October now. The display issues keep getting worse with each update.
Display is the Most important part of a Smartphone, If its not good then what is the point of all the other great features. How can customers enjoy the other great features if the display is so bad.
ASUS, Please understand that customers are not beta testers.
What i know and agreed before purchasing this phone :
1.No IP rating.
2.Average Camera
3.Bulky and Heavy device.
4.No wireless charging / Reverse wireless charging.
5.No Headphone jack.
What is did not sign up for :
1.Heavy black crush issues.
2.Heavy Screen Smearing.
3.Most android apps stutters even at 144hz.
4.Display looks so grainy at low brightness in high refresh rates.

Really sad that i had to return this great device and get refund just because of display issues. Asus seem to have no plans to permanently fix the problems. In the name of fixing this display problem, Asus is practically making every Rog 3 user a Beta tester.
This is such a bad experience, In the future i will have to think twice before i purchase any device from Asus.
Goodbye Asus
26 REPLIES 26

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121684#Comment_121684

Calling someone Asus fanboy who keeps ripping on Asus strix watered down garbage VRM boards and asking Asus every time what the *** they were thinking about when making the ROG Rampage VI Apex is hysterical.

The difference between you and me is that I can stay objective and you can not. As I mentioned in the very post you quoted, not only Asus struggles with a good launch, infact it's very common everywhere. Now lets test your statements shall we?

neplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?

Iphone:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/10/apple-iphone-11-pro-max-display-green-tint-ios-13-upgrade-problems/#dc379921782c

Issue found mai, 5 months later, still not fixed and apple has not the slightest clue if this is hardware or software related. Nor seem to care at all.

Samsung:

phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-and-other-high-end-models-suffering-from-battery-draining-issues_id127318

From S10 (released feb 2019) to this date, battery drain still not fixed.

forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2020/04/30/galaxy-s20-ultra-users-report-serious-unfixable-problem-shattered-camera-lenses/#545762bd7892

Glass literally breaking, unfixable without replacing the actual glass

Oneplus 8 Pro:

forums.oneplus.com/threads/low-brightness-issue-oneplus-8-pro.1315932/

Oneplus "green tint fix", literally making it impossible to lower the brightness to a level that doesn't eyerape. If Asus were to implement this type of fix you'd be the first making a thread here saying Asus is a sh** company for making it impossible to lower brightness level like before to avoid red tint.

Not to mention punchhole issues (actual hardware defect) and black crush not fixed.

Hell, Oneplus makes Asus screen issues seem like perfecly acceptable screens:

techietech.tech/oneplus-8-pro-display-issues/

You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and are completely unaware of other brands issues. You just want to rip at Asus because you had unrealistic expectations. I repeat again, If you want a bug free experience, buy a flagship that has been around for a while.

View post
And all i want from asus is they dont abandon rog 2 because it seems they already abandoned rog 2 sinve rog 3 are getting fixes of bugs that are in current rog 2 A10. I want them to atleast finish the swipe gesture which is in beta for months now since a9. I want them to push regular updates with latest google patch, and all i want them to do is fix the damm sound delay issue while recording. Its a rip off if you ask me to buy phone with such hardware and no power. I used oneplus 6 way before and never had to visit service center 3 times in a month.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121684#Comment_121684

Calling someone Asus fanboy who keeps ripping on Asus strix watered down garbage VRM boards and asking Asus every time what the *** they were thinking about when making the ROG Rampage VI Apex is hysterical.

The difference between you and me is that I can stay objective and you can not. As I mentioned in the very post you quoted, not only Asus struggles with a good launch, infact it's very common everywhere. Now lets test your statements shall we?

neplus is high end and in course of month they fixed green crush issue. Apple is high end and they fix issues in days, samsung fixes big issues and mostly samsung phones dont have screen issues. What high end are you talking about?

Iphone:

forbes.com/sites/gordonkelly/2020/06/10/apple-iphone-11-pro-max-display-green-tint-ios-13-upgrade-problems/#dc379921782c

Issue found mai, 5 months later, still not fixed and apple has not the slightest clue if this is hardware or software related. Nor seem to care at all.

Samsung:

phonearena.com/news/samsung-galaxy-s20-ultra-5g-and-other-high-end-models-suffering-from-battery-draining-issues_id127318

From S10 (released feb 2019) to this date, battery drain still not fixed.

forbes.com/sites/paulmonckton/2020/04/30/galaxy-s20-ultra-users-report-serious-unfixable-problem-shattered-camera-lenses/#545762bd7892

Glass literally breaking, unfixable without replacing the actual glass

Oneplus 8 Pro:

forums.oneplus.com/threads/low-brightness-issue-oneplus-8-pro.1315932/

Oneplus "green tint fix", literally making it impossible to lower the brightness to a level that doesn't eyerape. If Asus were to implement this type of fix you'd be the first making a thread here saying Asus is a sh** company for making it impossible to lower brightness level like before to avoid red tint.

Not to mention punchhole issues (actual hardware defect) and black crush not fixed.

Hell, Oneplus makes Asus screen issues seem like perfecly acceptable screens:

techietech.tech/oneplus-8-pro-display-issues/

You obviously don't have the slightest clue what you're talking about and are completely unaware of other brands issues. You just want to rip at Asus because you had unrealistic expectations. I repeat again, If you want a bug free experience, buy a flagship that has been around for a while.

View post
The google assistant voice feature is not working right for gods sake. Even mods know about this issue and its been months and no fixes yet

Danishblunt
Hall of Fame I
Akash Gupta

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121943#Comment_121943

Bug free is other thing and unsuable is other. People phones stops charging, shuts down or even does not turn on and for that you need to go to service center even though this issue is for most of the people. Other thing is i am using oneplus 8 and oneplus nord myself and i have seen changes in their updates, they have improved alot since their latest patch in terms of green tint. Also in iphone i mentioned software related issue not screen related, coming up with samsung phone, i have seen most of recent samsung devices has least amount of screen issues after their latest update. I dont own a samsung phone but i can tell that they have been improving.

View post
You clearly havent bothered to read have you now? Their "fix" is a really terrible workaround. GIven the fact that you haven't noticed that your lowest brightness setting is actually around 15% instead of 0 says so much about you.
Also I don't know about the Rog2 problems since I don't own one. I have showcased with sources how the manufacturers you told me fix their things, do actually NOT fix it, yet you keep going on crying about Asus.
Also there was literally an update on the 28th for the Rog2 which was a little over a week ago, what on earth makes you think they have abandoned the rog2? Hell Razer users would laugh at you at this point since they are still stuck on A9 and those who have Rp1 are stuck on A9 with security patch from sept 2019.
You have no clue what abandoned phones really look like.

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121948#Comment_121948

You clearly havent bothered to read have you now? Their "fix" is a really terrible workaround. GIven the fact that you haven't noticed that your lowest brightness setting is actually around 15% instead of 0 says so much about you.

Also I don't know about the Rog2 problems since I don't own one. I have showcased with sources how the manufacturers you told me fix their things, do actually NOT fix it, yet you keep going on crying about Asus.

Also there was literally an update on the 28th for the Rog2 which was a little over a week ago, what on earth makes you think they have abandoned the rog2? Hell Razer users would laugh at you at this point since they are still stuck on A9 and those who have Rp1 are stuck on A9 with security patch from sept 2019.

View post
Rog 3 recieveing fixes for issues existing for rog 2, explain that homeboy. Also why are you defending asus like your life depends on it? I have seen the reality and in a few months you will see it too so chillax

Not applicable
nightmaster552

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/121948#Comment_121948

View post
Razer phone 1 you say? Its phone which is 3 years old from now and rog 2 is hardly an year old. Dude get brains and come back to argue.