Did you mean: 

Always On Display is so Dark!

Sora_Synn_Gamin
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: ROG Phone 3
Firmware Version: 17.0823.2008.70
Rooted or not: Not
Frequency of Occurrence: periodically. Sometimes it's bright, but most the time its so dark it's hard to see.
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
The always on display is hard to see most times. Is there a way to manually control the brightness or stop it from changing from super dark to bright? Sometimes in bright light, I can barely see it. My old phones AOD was nice and bright and didn't change brightness randomly. Any help would be great!
5 REPLIES 5

MV
Rising Star II
Anders_ASUS

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116352#Comment_116352

I don't know but it consumes more if you have it in standby for long periods on a table. If it's in your pocket, then it will turn off.

View post
Yes correct, I kept the phone on stand by for half a day atleast in middle of other activites. I still feel the battery drops on samy was less relatively with their small 🔋. ROG 3 has a monster battery would surely like to use to its fullest. I didn't take any screen shots but can test again if you would like.
One more question what frequency is screen on when AOD is in use? If I set default to 144hz does it still use 144hz on standby? If it is then I am sure it's wrong. Don't have any moving pixels when AOD is in use, unless oled burn in is also considered and pixels shift to avoid that in ROG 3.
Sorry for too many questions, I am just curious to know.