This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever get vowifi support in zenfone 5z

adityadas086
Star I
It is frustrating that a flagship phone doesn't have features that all the midrangers even cheap phones have today. Asus didn't even provide support for vodafone volte and vilte. Every midrange phone have these features i just want to ask asus will they ever considering giving these features? I can surely tell if they don't this will be my last asus phone ever.
68 REPLIES 68

ammzul
Star III
ammzul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116269#Comment_116269

Hi Asus Team / Christine,

Responding to your questions, in the same order, one by one....

A. Carrier (Reliance Jio) supports VoLTE (from 2017) and VoWIFI (2019), already.

B. Carrier supports lot of handsets for VoWIFI (almost 60+ handsets from various vendors), including 3-4 models from ASUS, already.

But the carrier (Reliance Jio) is saying that they are working with ASUS but ASUS is not responding for Zenfone 5Z. Carrier's team is saying that ASUS is not responding for Zenfone 5Z related emails. They had mentioned that there are about 120K Zenfone 5Z handsets currently using Jio SIM. But the manufacturer (Asus) is not sharing the dump files required for whitelisting of Zenfone 5Z IMEI's which will help to configure in Jio system for Vowifi & help release software patch.

Carrier is stating that Asus used to respond actively for 2 other models, but not for Zenfone 5Z model.

C. Carrier (Reliance Jio) SIM card supports VoLTE (from 2017) and VoWIFI (2019), already.

D. Both sides are currently using VoLTE already (Carrier & Handset - Zenfone 5Z). But for VoWIFI, ASUS has to work with Carrier (Reliance Jio) to solve the problem.

CAN ASUS URGENTLY WORK WITH CARRIER (RELIANCE JIO) TO RESPOND TO THEIR EMAILS FOR ACTIVATING VOWIFI FOR ZENFONE 5Z PLEASE?

@Abhinav @amitgarde3 @aamod.v8 @adityapruthi2001 @Sasank @JACKSPARROW @vitorgn @vkk178 @adityadas086 @Debasish Sahoo @robinjos

@Blake_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @CH_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Christine_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @AnthonyLee_ASUS @Kris_ASUS @Victor01_ASUS

View post
...And the worst thing, is, we are only talking about Reliance Jio.
I just checked today (Wednesday, 23rd September 2020) with my contacts with Bharti Airtel Airtel UE (User Equipment / User Experience) team members.
They are saying that ASUS is worst in terms of working with carriers. At the level of General Manager, he comments that he has worked with almost 20+ vendors & 130+ models, but ASUS is the least responsive in terms of any support. Either the response is very delayed or totally irrelevant.
He claims that he has been working for VoLTE since 2016 and VoWIFI since 2018, the response of ASUS along with 2 more Indian brands are the worst. He added that, hence, even today, in Airtel website, ASUS does not appear as a category in VoWIFI support. Not even an single handset of ASUS is showing up in the supported list of VoWIFI handsets.
He also added that, there are about 80K handsets of Zenfone 5Z in Airtel Network.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
ammzul

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116582#Comment_116582

...And the worst thing, is, we are only talking about Reliance Jio.

I just checked today (Wednesday, 23rd September 2020) with my contacts with Bharti Airtel Airtel UE (User Equipment / User Experience) team members.

They are saying that ASUS is worst in terms of working with carriers. At the level of General Manager, he comments that he has worked with almost 20+ vendors & 130+ models, but ASUS is the least responsive in terms of any support. Either the response is very delayed or totally irrelevant.

He claims that he has been working for VoLTE since 2016 and VoWIFI since 2018, the response of ASUS along with 2 more Indian brands are the worst. He added that, hence, even today, in Airtel website, ASUS does not appear as a category in VoWIFI support. Not even an single handset of ASUS is showing up in the supported list of VoWIFI handsets.

He also added that, there are about 80K handsets of Zenfone 5Z in Airtel Network.

View post
Do you have any screenshot regarding all these words. Just show us all everything.

@aamod.v8 @sidarya31 @amitgarde3

sidarya31
Rising Star II
the main reason is that Asus India is very lazy n really don't bother about these issues.

Abhinav
Zen Master I
sidarya31

the main reason is that Asus India is very lazy n really don't bother about these issues.

View post
Then Asus global should take necessary strict steps against these type of works.

ammzul
Star III
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/116625#Comment_116625

Do you have any screenshot regarding all these words. Just show us all everything.

@aamod.v8 @sidarya31 @amitgarde3

View post
Sorry..Conversation was over mobile phone. I knew him in person, as ex-colleague.