This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will we ever get vowifi support in zenfone 5z

adityadas086
Star I
It is frustrating that a flagship phone doesn't have features that all the midrangers even cheap phones have today. Asus didn't even provide support for vodafone volte and vilte. Every midrange phone have these features i just want to ask asus will they ever considering giving these features? I can surely tell if they don't this will be my last asus phone ever.
68 REPLIES 68

Abhinav
Zen Master I
amitgarde3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115501#Comment_115501

After doing this got response from jio saying this👇

screenshot-20200921-165124316.jpg

They are working with asus 🤞

View post
The same reply Jio is pasting to everyone. 😂
I also got the same reply. 🤣

adityapruthi200
Rising Star II
Abhinav

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115510#Comment_115510

The same reply Jio is pasting to everyone. 😂

I also got the same reply. 🤣

View post
Same reply........ 😂🙄

vkk178
Rising Star I
ammzul

@adityadas086 @robinjos @k.devashish @adityapruthi2001

@Christine_ASUS @ARP_ASUS @Blake_ASUS @Y_ASUS @DrAlex_ASUS @Laura_ASUS @Titan_ASUS @Victor01_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

Dear All,

All answers in Indian Context.

I had taken up the issue with Jio Care on 28th July 2020. Their response is attached herewith, which sounds positive for VoWIFI with Asus Zenfone 5Z. Please refer to the "red" highlighted box.

asus-5z-vowifi-jio-india-support-july-2020-jpg.jpg

If few Jio Users can take this up with Jio Care (care@jio.com), I think there will be progress, in terms of whether they can provide this feature or not. Atleast, knowing whether it will happen or not, will help to settle the issue, instead of needless expectations / follow-ups. Also, follow-up from a market leader like Jio and Airtel will help to present the case, better with Asus.  

I have presented here the text, which can probably be Copied & sent to Jio or Airtel Care which will help to address the issue. Please do copy paste this or draft suitably yourself and send email to 

Jio 

1. care@jio.com / 

2. Contact us Page - Jio

3. If you don't get satisfactory response, from care you can also write to Appellate Authority for better quality response. Please do not write to appellate for the first time, write to them, only if you don't get proper response from care.  

Airtel

1. 121@in.airtel.com

2. Airtel Nodal Officers Email

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

Dear Care Team,

Greetings and Good Afternoon!

My Mobile number is xxxxxxxxxx. 

This is with respect to the Voice Over WiFi (VoWIFI) support for Asus Branded Handset Model # Asus Zenfone 5Z - Asus - Z01RD - ZS621KL - India Version. 

Asus team says the Jio team has to finish the work whereas Operator's team says, please check the online link / for supported devices. 

It would be highly appreciable if the your team can take the lead and initiate discussions with the Asus development team for the top 4 or 5 Asus branded models sold in India. Voice over WiFi is a basic necessity and it would be of great help if the your Team can really work with Asus to enable the VoWiFi support to Asus Zenfone 5Z and other 4 flagship models in Asus range.  

My Mobile Handset Details #

Brand Name # Asus Zenfone 5Z

Model Number # ZS621KL

Part Number # Z01RD

Once again, it would be of great help if the Jio Team can really work with Asus to enable the VoWiFi support to Asus Zenfone 5Z and other 4 flagship models in Asus range.  

Thanking you in anticipation. 

==============================================================================================================================================================================================

View post
Appreciate the initiative 👍🏼 . It's turning out like a chicken & egg situation . But ASUS should add Vo-Wifi in the first place

AmitGarde
Community Legend II
vkk178

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/115003#Comment_115003

Appreciate the initiative 👍🏼 . It's turning out like a chicken & egg situation . But ASUS should add Vo-Wifi in the first place

View post
Chances are very less now as carriers mostly focus on latest models support and 5z has completed its 2 year mark and discontinued for sale so keep your finger crossed from here 🤞

ammzul
Star III
@Abhinav @amitgarde3 @aamod.v8 @adityapruthi2001
Thank-you for responding. I owe you all a big thank-you for obliging.
Please do remember that these efforts are being intended at Asus to let them know that the Telecom Operator (Jio - India) is very much active in working with the manufacturer (Asus). Can & will ASUS reciprocate now? It would not be professional to talk about operator support anymore now. Operator support is very much available.
Though these may appear to be repeat messages, eventually, it should start to work somewhere to arrive at some kind of logical solution - Big YES or a small NO.