Rog Phone 3 screen looks very grainy

skailash2001skailash2001 Level 2
edited October 2020 in ROG Phone 3

1. Firmware Version: 17.0823.2007.47

The display of my Rog Phone 3 looks really grainy and this increasea with refresh rate.

The screen looks like it has a matte screen protector installed on it and it looks really pronounced at full brightness.

It is even visible on the Apex Galactic Armor wallpaper.

Is it normal? Or is my display faulty?

Please answer me ASUS Mods

@ARP_ASUS @Anders@Anders_ASUS @CH_ASUS

Thank You

Comments

• Hi @skailash2001,

Cannot comment without actually seeing it.

Possible to share a video?

• It is very difficult to capture it on video.

I tried my best to capture it in pictures.

It looks like a low contrast issue and it increases with refresh rate.

At 60 Hz it is very less ( but still somewhat visible ). At 144 Hz it is very much visible and looks most pronounced on gray areas. Also there is some red tint on 144Hz refresh.

The screen texture looks similar to paper. I think this might be linked to the black crush issue.

Speaking of which, since you're here, are there any updates on the black crush FOTA. Can you at least confirm if it would be up for manual update in a week? Anyways. @ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS

THANK YOU.

• @ARP_ASUS @Anders_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS @CH_ASUS please look into this issue. I have included pics.

• @skailash2001 We're looking into it, thanks for posting.

• Awesome. Thanks.

• @ARP_ASUS @Gustav_ASUS I'm also facing this problem, should I replace the phone?

• I have the same issue.

• I am also facing this issue.

• So, I'm impatiently waiting for the US release. I've been bugging ASUS to try to find out when it was going to be sold in the US (Ver A) (Still no idea - if anyone knows, let me know.)

I'm seeing a LOT of bugs and issues on here - and it seems crazy to me that I would spend 1000-1500 USD on this - overheating, screen issues, etc.

Can someone tell me if it is worth it or not? When the US release is? If there are any bugs NOT fixable via update, and what warranty I'd be looking at?

My email is [email protected]

Thanks

• If this the phone you want@4zmail wait for a month or even 2 months if you can and see if the issues are fixed. Then you can buy. If any other phone interests you more then I insist you do the same for that phone too and wait and buy.

• Thanks for the reply. Easy for you to say. I'm an impatient idiot.

Truth is, options are slim for good value for flagship money - and I'm trying to avoid the whole notch selfie cam issue.

And I'd like something with some longevity, in terms of lifespan. Also, good heat management. I'm using a Blu Vivo XI+ right now - to get me through to my next (serious) phone. Not really feeling the samsungs, like but don't love Oppo find x2 pro. Black Shark doesn't really do it for me either. Did I just persuade myself further to buy this thing? Maybe. So maybe the big question is: What's the warranty like? If there is an issue that is not fixable via an update, can I exchange my phone?

Also, does anyone know when Ver A will be available in the US?

• anks3112ganks3112g Level 1
    edited September 2020

Screen is grainy for me as well, below is the screenshot of home screen and not clicked image, you can check how grainy it is !

• yea makes me feel like taking my ROG phone 2 out of the box and using it again not sure why the screen is not as good as the ROG phone 2 ?

This discussion has been closed.