Camera cannot flip

ayan.sharma87ayan.sharma87 Level 1
edited September 2020 in ZenFone 6
Asus 6z camera sometimes says 'Camera cannot flip' when taking selfies and the camera doesn't rotate to front.
What is this error ??

Comments

• edited August 2019
    How often does this happen? 
  • Daily twice or thrice.
  • Does the screen protector block the sensor?
  • For me this happens with inbuilt AppLock feature. When I open an app.. camera can't flip. Happens regularly with all apps that are locked.
  • _jis__jis_ Level 5
    For me this happens with inbuilt AppLock feature. When I open an app.. camera can't flip. Happens regularly with all apps that are locked.
    Nice find, but I don't use AppLock feature so I want to ask you. It happens with built in Camera app when you open any locked app? Or it happens with third party Camera app which is locked?
  • kikoly said:
    Does the screen protector block the sensor?
    I don't have a screen protector yet.
  • _jis_ said:
    For me this happens with inbuilt AppLock feature. When I open an app.. camera can't flip. Happens regularly with all apps that are locked.
    Nice find, but I don't use AppLock feature so I want to ask you. It happens with built in Camera app when you open any locked app? Or it happens with third party Camera app which is locked?
    It is happening with all the third party that I have. Sometimes it is saying 'Camera can't flip', sometimes it flips but the image gets upside down.
  • same problem with stock camera app
  • We just received a log from ayan.charma87 that we will analyze to see if this is a software bug or a hardware issue that only you're having
  • We just received a log from ayan.charma87 that we will analyze to see if this is a software bug or a hardware issue that only you're having
    You're kidding right? There are several posts with several people with the same issue. I've had this since day one since it's been mostly intermittent. It can't be anything but a software/hardware issue with so many accounts of it. 
  • Now I've been with a camera that does not flip for 5 days straight. 
    Seriously it feels like this was not tested at all with a significant user pool. 
    Latest updates clearly only made it worse. 
    ??‍♂️ 
  • @sousaepedro yes i fell the same
  • no problem on my phone .. location EU
  • We have had this issue reported on and off in different regions, several of them have had it solved because what was happening was that their covers were blocking the proximity sensor located in the front.

Please help check you have no obstruction or dirt against the proximity sensor which is located at the top , in the front, to the right of the earpiece
  • edited September 2019

@ayan.sharma87 I'm sorry it has taken us so long to find out if you have a hardware or software issue but now we finally know. There is no software issue with your phone so you need to contact our support or ASUS Service Center to get your device repaired. Sorry about the inconvenience.

• why customer should invest his time and money when there is fault from manufacturer's side . shouldn't company people take care of these problems of customer. Evan i am facing the same problem and one more problem that is display problem , it automatically goes of and when i am calling someone or someone is calling me .

• I'm getting the same thing on my phone now. The odd thing is when I launch the camera app, if I hold my ear to the earpiece it sounds like the speaker is outputting a but of static/white noise. The camera will never flip and always fails now.

• Even i am facing camera issues, "Camera cannot flip" when taking selfies and the same camera work opposite while on selfies.

• You're not supposed to hold your ear against the phone when you press the selfie button. It's a very weird scenario. If the near field sensor is obstructed (like your ear), then the camera won't flip.

• I confirm, anytime the camera is used, a little "wind sound" comes fro the upper speaker. Not very annoying because it's not loud.

This discussion has been closed.