This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Poor quality of outgoing calls (voLTE, voWiFi) on ZENFONE 8; cutting words, robotic sound

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Hi,
when I call via voLTE or voWiFi and someone picks up, the call sounds good, but after a while it starts to sound very bad. When I answer (even one word), it's ok again (listening to the interlocutor) for a while, and then the same... I barely can understand words.
Other users with ZF8 has same issues.
voLTE and voWiFi - the same issue. The signal is full... T-Mobile PL, and WiFi 600Mb/s.
I'm on latest release *.89
80 REPLIES 80

arielsajda
Rising Star II
Mattias_ASUS pls help us.

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
I can confirm all of this. What can I add:
it happens no matter what version of Android we use (I even downgraded to Andoid 11 with clean image)
it happens when both phones using VoLTE - when my interlocutor uses 3G everythings works fine, despite im connecting using LTE, so that doesn't look like connection problem
it hapens also on VoWiFi
it happens only to Zenfone 8 - i know people with Realme and Samsung in the same carrier - their VoLTE works perfectly
I think it's problem with some codec support on Zenfone 8. T-Mobile (and 3 of 4 big carriers in Poland) uses EVS SWB in VoLTE, while classic HD Voice in 3G calls uses AMR-WB.
I checked on this site: WiFi Calling, VoLTE i EVS w Polsce (wificalling-volte.pl), there is Rog Phone 5 on supporting EVS list, but no Zenfone 8.

arielsajda
Rising Star II
You wrote:
"it happens when both phones using VoLTE - when my interlocutor uses 3G everythings works fine, despite im connecting using LTE, so that doesn't look like connection problem

I'm facing the problem even when someone doesn't have voLTE - only on outgoing calls - incoming calls work perfect 😞

Cyslawo
Rising Star II
Later I'll check incoming calls yet, and give information.