Asus ROG Phone 5 - No stable GPS Fix since 12.07.21

DisparoDisparo Level 1
edited July 13 in ROG Phone 5

Hi! I'm on the latest firmware; since 12.07.2021, I cannot get a stable GPS Fix on my ROG Phone 5. Right now, I'm standing on the sea-coast; I calibrated my compass once again, I rebooted twice, but it can take about 5-10 minutes to fix, but even after that, it loses fixation, especially when I moving. I cannot use GPS map navigation during car ride anymore, so I have to use my wife's LG Velvet for that.

Comments

• DisparoDisparo Level 1

87 satellites in view, but phone can connect to only from 2 to 17.

• BjerfvenBjerfven Level 1

I have the exact same problem after upgrading software i July, have tried everything no fix, Is it possible to rollback the software. I really need GPS, had all ROG phones since they came out but now in thinking of going back to apple when 13 comes out - this is not good enough for me!

• In the devellopeur options have you been annoyed about

Force full GNSS measurements

If so, deactivate the

on some smartphones in Android 11, these manufacturers (the list is growing every day :)) GPS is partly bug

the supplier of the GPS chipset provided a file "with sample values", they did not put their data in thinking that the file was to be used as is.

Asus, google, motorola, onplus, samsung, sony, vivo, hdm (nokia), LGE

This bug is in issuetracker.google.com

GnssAntennaInfo returns wrong values ​​on all Android 11 devices

I don't know if Rog phone 5 is affected, GNSS is not enabled and GPS works fine (avg snr> 26 indoors 41 fix out of 78) on mine. i have two motorolas and one which has the bug but it does not affect the sensitivity, avg snr of 20.6 on the outside uncovered is very very low, it is as if you are in a forest under the trees or you have an NFC protective case.

or there is an internal connection problem with the GPS antenna.

To be sure go to another well cleared place (other than the seaside) you should have a signal> 40 on the green gps (fixed)

Deleted before the history of google positions.

• I have this problem too and really need functional GPS. Please ASUS do something about it! Thank you

• BjerfvenBjerfven Level 1
    edited September 1

Im returning My rog 5 now crap phone! Worst phone i have evert bought, iPhone from now om! 2 updates an No gps - crap!

• Good luck with the iPhone lmao,I'm sure you'll find something wrong with it sooner or later

• I did thats why i have hade three ROG phones, but i NEED gps...

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Press on top left and then hit the menu. Press on Manage A-GPS State and press on Download. You will need to be connected to the internet though.

Once done, go outside and start your maps app, it should hopefully start to use the satellites.

• ronald1985ronald1985 127.0.0.1 Level 5

Thanks for the feedback - I don't have anything left to suggest. 😲

• Make sure it's at least iphone 12 and not below that

• @Disparo, Bjerfven, p.porsch

Foreword

The Rog Phone 5's GPS does not present any anomalies, it is even very powerful and precise even indoors.

It does not include the bug of the wrong frequency (1227.6) GnssAntennaInfo, the carrier frequency of 1176.45 of the L5 and E5a signals is the correct one.

log of GnssLogger (Status, 0,26,14,1,1,1176450048,35.50,100.00,64.00,0,1,1,25.5)

-------------------------------------------------------

Follow the directions below

Notification bar

Rental must always remain ON, it does not consume any energy. It's not like BT, NFC or WIFI, GPS consumes battery only when using apps that use it.

---------------------------------------------------------

Parameter

Rental

Use Location (enable)

App access to location

- You must have at least "Google" Allow all the time, at least for this test, after which you are free to put Deny or others and see for yourself the good / bad functioning of your GPS. There are only reasons for your GPS problems, a hardware failure (unlikely), a lack of authorization (I bet my shirt)

Google Location History (Enable) Click (Google Account)

Manage History (click) Delete All Location History (return parameter location)

Google Location Accuracy (enable)

Wifi and Bluetooh scanning (click), Wi-FI scanning (Enable), BT (disable)

Return parameters

System

Developer Options

Debugging Section

- Select mock location app (Must of course is EMPTY)

- Force full GNSS measurements (Enable)

Download

GPS TEST Chartcross Limited

Three vertical dots, top right, AGPS, Clear and Update

Wait a few seconds for the fix, all visible GPS will take about 5 min

Other Download

GPSTest barbeauDev to see the precise location like my screen

These 2 screens are the result of tests carried out in bad conditions, inside the house.

• Changed my mind and bought another one so I can send this on repair!