High idle battery drain due to no deep doze

2»

Comments

• woody.wwwoody.ww Level 1

That is true, indeed. But still high compared to previous phones I had. Especially at night when wifi etc. is disabled, even with airplane mode on. I mean, it shouldn't drain that much when the phone almost litterally has to do nothing.

Hope to see some improvements after installing today's update.

• RoystoysRoystoys Level 4

I think Nokia have to be the best when it comes to long lasting batteries. My wife's Nokia g 10 has a 5050 mAh Battery and it lasts about 6 days, it's incredible

• Chris1Chris1 Level 2

Low resolution, low power... probably very light use...

You can't seriously compare it to Zenfone 8 :-)

• shazadzshazadz Level 1

I used 3g today instead of 4g today and saw an improvement with doze, in 4g my mobile network and cell standby drain is really high,i think if 5g or 4g don't have a strong signal they drain this phone's battery more then other phones

• cicagoriocicagorio Level 2
    edited June 18

For me, turning off "Mobile data always active" improved the situation a lot (this setting can be found in developer options)

• done, let's look if this will work also for me ;p

• Chris1Chris1 Level 2

Where is this setting please ?

• shazadzshazadz Level 1

This is my battery today,mobile data active 3g dual band wifi no restrictions,seems to be doze properly

• shazadzshazadz Level 1

I have a zenfone 8 and was getting terrible battery life while trying to optimize apps running in the background etc,then i factory reset the phone 5 days ago and let everything run, not restricting any apps from auto starting,turning optiflex on in assistive tool, disabled adaptive battery and background app management,using ultra steady charging,dual band wifi and hyperfusion enabled,setting network to 3g as 4g seems to heavily drain battery,after doing these steps im running 120hz all the time and can easily go through a 16 hour day with moderate to heavy use with a screen on time around 7-8 hour's, don't know what actually helped the battery in my situation but maybe trying these settings might help someone,

• It could also have been the firmware updates since launch which have improved the standby as well.

• SalvatoreSalvatore Level 2

I've installed all the firmware updates since launch and still having the issue, i'm not sure they helped very much. At least not for my device. I'm running version 30.11.51.60.

• shazadzshazadz Level 1

Agreed, don't think the updates helped the battery situation as i initially still had bad battery after updating only when turning off all optimisations and letting the phone run as my message above i started to see dramatic increase in battery life and standy time

• pipsss81pipsss81 Level 2

With last update standby drain is much better. But the problem is a "4000mAh" battery. Meybe it is that much on paper, but not in reality. Accubattery shows 3550mAh and many people comment that it measures incorrecly. Well, i fill 58% battery in one hour with 2A charger (also enebled ultra steady charging, which limit to 2A). So, 2000mA in a hour imput filled 58%, when it should max 50%. (it should few % less because charging is not 100% efficient, that is why it heats up during charging)

Some say, Asus left some reserve when battery degrades. Battery goes up to 4,45V after 85%!!! I have nevere seen so high voltages used on Lithium battery. I dont see any reserve.

• Sim1Sim1 Level 1

I'm also getting 0.5/hour in idle

This discussion has been closed.