This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Mod: BT manual fix inside] One critical bug after Zenfone 5z .36 update (January patch)

Aryan202
Community Legend I
Got .36 update with January patch today
Let's hope it has good battery optimisation (I'd atleast need a day to comment on this builds battery life)
System stability and the gestures feel much smoother now
There's one critical bug tho:
There's no audio through Bluetooth devices (through any multimedia app it's not limited to a particular app or headphone model)
So far i can confirm 4-5 people are suffering from this issue (including myself)on the telegram hub for Zenfone 5z users (as far as I know the audio only seems to work during calls) this is with Bluetooth only
I personally use my wired headphone mostly so not a big issue to me ? but it's indeed a priority concern for some users
Appreciate the adaptive brightness feature ported from Zenfone 6
Here's another feature request to be ported from Zenfone 6/Rog 2
The option to customise power buttons
DBRB07KHJOFO.jpg
This is from a Zenfone 6
I hope you guys will port the newer stuff Zenfone 6 and Rog 2 would get in future updates as all the devices are based on the same stock UI afterall
And maybe some camera related improvements in future 😄 (night mode *wink*)
Maybe Zen UI 7 based on android 10 (i know that's a far fetched dream lol)
2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

Accepted Solutions

kikoly
Hall of Fame II
About "no audio through Bluetooth devices ",It is recommended to do the following before confirming
1. Download and install apk
https://dlcdnets.asus.com/pub/ASUS/ZenFone/ZS620KL/bt_tool.apk
2. The interface displays "false" for successful modification
3. Restart the phone and connect it with the Bluetooth device

更新後藍芽有問題-ZS620KL(ZenFone 5Z) - 手機版

View solution in original post

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
The way Google implemented their "accent colors" and "icon shapes" and "theming" options in AOSP/Pixel is not the same way as basically every other manufacturer who supported theming in the past.

Supporting that accent toggle in "DEVELOPER OPTIONS" (a non-default options field) requires a major rework of the UI functionality. It's not a simple "on/off" thing to just "turn on". We can park this discussion here - and we have already passed feedback that there are some users who wish to have text accent color capabilities in ZenUI.

View solution in original post

37 REPLIES 37

1947msr
Rising Star I
I am also experiencing, Bluetooth bug should be fixed as soon as possible

shadowsah97
Star I
I am also experienced the issue.

CH_ASUS
Community Legend II
Tried to reproduce the "cannot play to BT" but couldn't.

When you have BT connecteed and playing audio, where does it appear? Nowhere? Or the phone's speakers instead of the BT?

What does it say if you go to Settings-> Sound & Vibration
Under: "Play Media to"

What happens if you go to ; Settings- System -> Reset Options
"Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth"

FYI. this will remove your wifi settings and paired devices, so you need to re-do those.

Also try a reboot if you havent

Aryan202
Community Legend I
CH_ASUS

Tried to reproduce the "cannot play to BT" but couldn't.

When you have BT connecteed and playing audio, where does it appear? Nowhere? Or the phone's speakers instead of the BT?

What does it say if you go to Settings-> Sound & Vibration

Under: "Play Media to"

What happens if you go to ; Settings- System -> Reset Options

"Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth"

FYI. this will remove your wifi settings and paired devices, so you need to re-do those.

Also try a reboot if you havent

View post
Thanks for the quick reply first of all
Actually there's no audio when i have my bt headphones connected (tried many apps like YouTube, Spotify, Poweramp to no avail)

0ANSPJQR0AX1.jpg

It says play media to : "My Bluetooth headphone model" (Sennheiser HD 4.40 bt)
I already tried resetting wifi/mobile/Bluetooth data(and paired the headphones again) and restarted the device but it didn't seem to help
Plus one other noticeable thing is i see some kind of lag (kind of continuous jitter)in the video when the phone is connected through Bluetooth(again there's no audio through the headphones)
XSQWEXO9HIHW.jpg