[Mod: BT manual fix inside] One critical bug after Zenfone 5z .36 update (January patch)

AveranAveran Level 3
edited January 22 in Fan Chat

Got .36 update with January patch today

Let's hope it has good battery optimisation (I'd atleast need a day to comment on this builds battery life)

System stability and the gestures feel much smoother now

There's one critical bug tho:

There's no audio through Bluetooth devices (through any multimedia app it's not limited to a particular app or headphone model)

So far i can confirm 4-5 people are suffering from this issue (including myself)on the telegram hub for Zenfone 5z users (as far as I know the audio only seems to work during calls) this is with Bluetooth only

I personally use my wired headphone mostly so not a big issue to me ? but it's indeed a priority concern for some users

Appreciate the adaptive brightness feature ported from Zenfone 6

Here's another feature request to be ported from Zenfone 6/Rog 2

The option to customise power buttons

This is from a Zenfone 6

I hope you guys will port the newer stuff Zenfone 6 and Rog 2 would get in future updates as all the devices are based on the same stock UI afterall

And maybe some camera related improvements in future :D (night mode *wink*)

Maybe Zen UI 7 based on android 10 (i know that's a far fetched dream lol)

Best Answer

Comments

• I am also experiencing, Bluetooth bug should be fixed as soon as possible

• I am also experienced the issue.

• CH_ASUSCH_ASUS mod
    edited January 20

Tried to reproduce the "cannot play to BT" but couldn't.

When you have BT connecteed and playing audio, where does it appear? Nowhere? Or the phone's speakers instead of the BT?

What does it say if you go to Settings-> Sound & Vibration

Under: "Play Media to"

What happens if you go to ; Settings- System -> Reset Options

"Reset Wi-Fi, mobile & Bluetooth"

FYI. this will remove your wifi settings and paired devices, so you need to re-do those.

Also try a reboot if you havent

• AveranAveran Level 3
    edited January 20

Thanks for the quick reply first of all

Actually there's no audio when i have my bt headphones connected (tried many apps like YouTube, Spotify, Poweramp to no avail)

It says play media to : "My Bluetooth headphone model" (Sennheiser HD 4.40 bt)

I already tried resetting wifi/mobile/Bluetooth data(and paired the headphones again) and restarted the device but it didn't seem to help

Plus one other noticeable thing is i see some kind of lag (kind of continuous jitter)in the video when the phone is connected through Bluetooth(again there's no audio through the headphones)

• AveranAveran Level 3
    edited January 20

My headphones go both wired and Bluetooth

The issue is when it's in Bluetooth mode

It works fine in wired mode and there's no video lag (or jitter) as I stated above

Actually someone else reported this on the telegram channel for Zenfone 5z

Considering i can mimic this on my device too the issue seems to be widespread

• RockeRRockeR Level 1

Me too. But during the call there is sound. And now does not connect via AptX.

P.S. I write through Google translator

• facing the same issue

• I am also facing the same issue voice calls works fine but no audio output through bluetooth devices checked with real me wireless buds oneplus bullets @CH_ASUS please look into this issue ASAP tried everything but no use.

• I even checked using cheap ones to check if it was AptX issue but the issue still persist.

• AbhinavAbhinav Level 3
    edited January 21

I'm also facing this "Bluetooth Connection No sound Issue" . When I tried to Connect with My Bluetooth Speaker "Logitech X50" it got paired successfully but Audio From Bluetooth Speaker was not coming. And I also saw when my phone was connected to my Bluetooth Speaker Video playing from MX Player was lagging. This video playing lag is not limited to MX Player only.

The Video lag got solved when I disconnected my Bluetooth Speaker. Some time even though I connect my Phone to Bluetooth Speaker sound still comes out from Mobile Speakers (I'm facing this sometime). @CH_ASUS

• Same issue here. No audio when paired to my bluetooth earphones.

• @CH_ASUS thanksalot sir for your quick appreciative response in this new forum you are the only one who respond to our problems and help us out with solutions hope to keep this same support ongoing for 5Z you are awsme sir ❤️??

• For the auto mode please revert back low value of shutter speed to 1/4 instead of 1/10. it will be helpful for low lights photos. I know 5z is not getting night mode but 1/4 shutter speed in auto mode can do wonders. Also some distortion is faced in HI res sound on poweramp. please see into it @CH_ASUS

• jsfjsf Level 1

It's working by me after the FOTA this morning, just as it has worked before

• I always used to listen music through Bluetooth, please fix it ASAP.

• Naveen SavanurNaveen Savanur Level 1
    edited January 22

Same here Bluetooth is not working, i also have AptX BT headphone... No audio is playing...

I always use BT headphone, please fix it ASAP....

• edited January 22

Assus has removed .36 update information from release notes.

• Accent color is not working... I have been checking since Dec Android10 update, still not fixed in January update...