Ce widget n'a pas pu être affiché.
Ce widget n'a pas pu être affiché.
annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

Zenfone Max Pro M2 firmware update (Android 8 -> 9) error: "system update failed (3)"

Tullian
Star I
EDIT: this post was supposed to be sent to the Max Pro community. Handle as such, and move it over if possible.
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M2 ZB631KL
Firmware Version: Android 8.1.0, OPM1.WW_Phone-15.2016.1811.165-20181205
Rooted or not: not
Frequency of Occurrence: every time I try to update the firmware
========================================
To update the firmware, I downloaded "UL-ASUS_X01BD-WW-16.2017.2005.092-user.zip" from the product page and placed into the root of the Internal Storage. The phone detects it as it should, I click on the notification and proceed. To avoid complications, the device has no PIN/password/pattern/fingerprint/face lock, secure start-up is disabled, and it is connected to the charger during the whole time. The process completes in about 5 minutes, but once I'm back in Android, a message is displayed:
"System update failed (3)
Unknown error
System restored to previous configuration"
Nothing more. And really, in the Settings, every version number remains the same. I tried it twice and it fails the same way.
There are several posts on this forum with the same error, but you never really gave a solution, only "please send more info", "check your PM" and wink-wink smileys. Will you share information that will actually solve this problem?
3 RÉPONSES 3

Olivier_ASUS
Bonjour Tullian et bienvenue sur notre forum ZenTalk !
La mise à jour échoue car vous essayez de basculer directement d'une ancienne version d'Android 8.1 à Android 9.
Vous devez d'abord passer par la dernière version d'Android 8.1 avant de pouvoir installer la version d'Android 9.
Voici la première étape à réaliser :
Mise à jour de votre version à la dernière version d'Android 8.1 :         15.2016.1811.165 -> 15.2016.1902.192
Ensuite la 2e étape :
Mise à jour de la dernière version d'Android 8.1 vers Android 9 : 15.2016.1902.192 -> 16.2017.2005.092
Tout devrait rentrer dans l'ordre ! N'oubliez pas de sauvegarder vos données personnelles par mesure de précaution !
Merci de votre confiance !
Olivier.

Tullian
Star I
This worked, thank you!

Olivier_ASUS
Tullian

This worked, thank you!

View post
Très heureux d'avoir pu vous aider ! Bonne continuation ! 😃