cancelar
Mostrando los resultados de 
Buscar en lugar de 
Quiere decir: 

Internal display still inactive after format - Main (Internal) Display problem

Foroneus
Star I

Hello everyone,

I’m having a problem with my ASUS Zephyrus GA402RJ laptop, and I would really appreciate any help or suggestions. Here’s a detailed description of what’s happening:

1. Background: My laptop's internal screen was previously set to "inactive" by Windows. After this happened, I decided to format the laptop and perform a clean installation of Windows 10.

2. Problem: After formatting and reinstalling the OS, the internal screen is no longer detected at all. I can use an external monitor without any issues, but Windows does not recognize the internal screen. It does not appear in Display Settings or Device Manager.

3. Steps I've Already Taken:

• Checked the Display Settings: I tried using the "Detect" button in Display Settings and also used the "Win + P" shortcut to toggle through display modes, but the internal screen is still not detected.
    • Updated/Reinstalled Display Drivers: I updated the graphics drivers through Device Manager and also manually installed the latest drivers from the ASUS website, but it didn’t solve the problem.
    • Checked BIOS Settings: I entered the BIOS and ensured that all settings related to the internal display or integrated graphics are enabled.
    • Booted into Safe Mode: I tried booting into Safe Mode using the external monitor, but the internal display still does not show up.
    • Reset BIOS to Default: I reset the BIOS to its default settings in case any settings were causing the issue, but it didn’t help.
  4. Additional Details:

• The internal screen worked fine before it was set to inactive by Windows.
    • There are no physical damages or loose connections; the screen was not physically removed or tampered with.
    • The external monitor works flawlessly, which suggests the graphics card is functioning properly.
  5. Questions:

• Is there a way to force Windows to recognize or reactivate the internal display?
    • Could this be a software-related issue, or might it indicate a deeper hardware problem?
    • Are there any other diagnostic steps or tools I should try to get the internal screen detected?

Thank you in advance for any advice or assistance you can provide! I'm hoping to resolve this issue without needing to take it in for service if possible.

1 RESPUESTA 1

keren_ASUS

Hello, I'm so sorry to hear about these issues you're facing with your Zephyrus. Can you please try these steps to try to resolve:

Reinstall Display Drivers via Safe Mode

Safe Mode Reinstallation: Boot into Safe Mode, uninstall the current display drivers using Device Manager, and restart the laptop. Windows will reinstall basic display drivers. Then, update them using the latest versions from the ASUS website.

Check BIOS Settings Again

Internal Display Settings: Double-check that all settings related to the internal display or integrated graphics are enabled in BIOS. Resetting to defaults again can sometimes help if it was missed.

ASUS Hardware Diagnostic Tools

Run the ASUS diagnostic tool, MyASUS, to try and see if it recognizes the internal display. This will also let you know if there's any hardware issue that will require a visit or call to the nearest service center. 

Thanks!