annuler
Affichage des résultats de 
Rechercher plutôt 
Vouliez-vous dire : 

ZenScreen MB16AMT doesn't work with my MacBook Air

Rincevent42
Star II

Dear All,

I recently replaced my Dell XPS13 laptop running Ubuntu with an Apple MacBook Air M2 13" (2022).

Unfortunatly, even with the driver from Asus site installed, the screen is not fully recognised.
It means, application DisplayLink toggles between ZenScreen seen and not seen every few seconds (maybe two, not more, seconds for each state). But most of the time, the Mac doesn't see the screen.

About my computer:
MacBook Air M2 2022
CPU : M2
RAM: 16 GB
MacOS: Ventura 13.4.1

Regarding my ZenScreen:
Model: MB16AMT
Manufacturing: Feb 2022
I don't kwon the version as I can't display any menu (it requires a valide connexion).

Do you have any idea of the way to solve this issue?

Remark: my Dell was stolen, so I can't connect the ZenScreen to "working" computer.

Many thanks for your support.

Take care.

Tux

1 SOLUTION APPROUVÉE

Solutions approuvées

Hi Olivier,

You are welcome.

I would just like to make one clarification: today I tried with a direct USB-C cable and it worked. No more needs of a hub!

Story. Because I wanted to place the screen at the right side of the laptop, I ordered an angled USB-C cable. Got it yesterday. Checked today. Unfortunately, hub + this cable did not worked. I was desapointed... But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I tested the direct link and, surprise, surprise, it worked!

Maybe the electronic in the cable (if any) deals better or simply deals with my two devices. Or luck...

Cable part number is 70643 from Ugreen (100W / 5A fast charge, 1m) but I'm pretty sure a recent cable from another manufacturer would work just as well.

The cable who doesn't work when it's connected without hub has the P/N 50150 from the same manufacturer.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

Voir la solution dans l'envoi d'origine

4 RÉPONSES 4

Rincevent42
Star II

Hi there,

Today, I had to use a hub to get an Ethernet connexion and... I tried to connect the USB-C cable from the hub to the screen and it worked! Hub was connected to the computer via USB-C cable. Ethernet worked too.

Direct connection via USB-C between the MacBook Air and the ZenBook Touch doesn't work but it does through a hub.

I confirmed with another hub from another maker.

So, issue solved.

Maybe it will help others...

Tux

Hello,

Thanks for letting others know your issue was solved by issue an external hub.

I close this topic.

Regards.

Hi Olivier,

You are welcome.

I would just like to make one clarification: today I tried with a direct USB-C cable and it worked. No more needs of a hub!

Story. Because I wanted to place the screen at the right side of the laptop, I ordered an angled USB-C cable. Got it yesterday. Checked today. Unfortunately, hub + this cable did not worked. I was desapointed... But nothing ventured, nothing gained, so I tested the direct link and, surprise, surprise, it worked!

Maybe the electronic in the cable (if any) deals better or simply deals with my two devices. Or luck...

Cable part number is 70643 from Ugreen (100W / 5A fast charge, 1m) but I'm pretty sure a recent cable from another manufacturer would work just as well.

The cable who doesn't work when it's connected without hub has the P/N 50150 from the same manufacturer.

Hope this will help.

Regards.

ZenBot
Community Manager
Community Manager
Discussion automatiquement clôturée pour inactivité. Si le problème rapporté n'a pas été résolu ou si vous avez toujours besoin de l'assistance d'un de nos modérateurs, veuillez créer une nouvelle discussion et nous vous répondrons le plus rapidement possible.