This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Will the Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (M7400QE) support 100Hz over HDMI to a 100Hz external monitor ?

Anonymous
Not applicable

I was planning on buying an external monitor for the Asus Vivobook Pro 14X OLED (M7400QE) laptop.
The monitor supports 100Hz over an HDMI 1.4 connection. Will I be able to get 100Hz on the monitor if it is connected to this device?
I would also like to know which GPU is connected to the HDMI port (the Ryzen iGPU or the RTX 3050 Ti).

#M7400QE 

9 REPLIES 9

Falcon_ASUS

@Anonymous
Your laptop's HDMI external output resolution and frequency are 1920x1080, 30Hz. 
Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falcon_ASUS waiting for a response

@Anonymous
The specifications I found are indeed as stated.
Generally, our test data ensures system stability.
Thank you.

Anonymous
Not applicable

@Falcon_ASUS I see where you are coming from; however, when on 17th May 2024, I contacted one of your customer support staff over a call and asked them about the same question, they replied that the laptop’s HDMI port is capable of delivering 1080p at 90Hz.

Right now, I am seeing a lot of differing opinions from your side (Asus).

On one hand, your customer care agent tells me that the HDMI port is capable of 1080p at 90Hz, while you state that it can only deliver 1080p at 30Hz (which is entirely wrong, by the way, as I have comfortably used an external monitor at 1080p 60Hz).

Kindly recheck your information and please provide an appropriate answer. Thank You!