cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

[Zenfone 4 Max ZC554KL] Camera not working/dark

Sharon____
Star I
Basic info below.
Just like all other zenfone 4 max users (according to the internet), my camera has gone dark. There have been many posts about this already but I was just wondering whether Asus has been working on a solution or not? If yes please tell us the solution. Just like all others I've tried all steps , updated and reset all settings.

screenshot-20200602-124725.jpg
screenshot-20200602-124722.jpg
some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone4 Max 5.5"(ZC554KL)
Firmware Version: see picture
Rooted or not:
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Camera
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
screenshot-20200602-125959.jpg

18 REPLIES 18

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Sharon....
Sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused. According to your description, I highly advise that you bring your device to the repair center. Please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

noshiro21
Star II
Seems asus customer service doesn't know or have an answer, so her solution is to take phone to center. That not customer service at all please asus, have someone with knowledge to please respond to this question .
Thank you

noshiro21
Star II
I have same problem... It comes and goes. I feel it has something to do with the front or back sensor.
Camera work for few days, then black. Then few hours later. Back working .
I already done everything from clear cache to safe mode.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you for your asking. For stay-at-home troubleshooting, kindly refer to the info below
1. Try to update to the latest firmware version
Setting >System>About Phone>Software information
2. Please try clearing cache & storage of Camera (long press "Camera">App Info>Storage & memory>Clear cache/Clear storage), and try to re-install 3rd party camera apps and check again.
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
4. Please check on SMMI test, could the device pass the SMMI test? 
Calculator> type ".12345+=">SMMI TEST>Single Test>Wide-angled Camera Capture Test/Tele Camera Capture Test/Front Camera Capture Test
*If your SMMI test is pass, please try "the Factory Reset"
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue remain the same, for this model, I suggest you bringing your device to the repair center.