Did you mean: 

Wrong sound orientation while recording with a stock camera

VXP
Star III
Model Name: ZB602KL
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2002.061-20200219
Rooted or not: Not rooted
Frequency of Occurrence: Always, even with custom camera apps
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Usually org.codeaurora.snapcam

When I was trying to record a video with a stock camera, I've faced with a problem: the top microphone is always responsible for a right sound channel, and the bottom - for a left one, regardless of a phone orientation. So when I'm holding a phone with a camera to my left (like I always have) - the sound become inverted (all the sounds from my left appears on the right when I'm playing the video back). It's very upsetting me, since I should use the video editor to make the sound appear normal.
I hope this will be fixed in the next Android 10 firmware update. Thanks.
10 REPLIES 10

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi VXP,
"So when I'm holding a phone with a camera to my left (like I always have) "> Could you show us how this is performed? What is the direction of the phone's microphone?
Does it appear on the preloaded camera and this third party app? https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sokryk.snapcam&hl=en
Could you tell us the app version of this app?
Thank you 🙂

VXP
Star III
Hello, @Y_ASUS , I've prepared a little infographic for you:
8HNLQTETBYC4.jpg

This bug appears on every video camera applications that I've tried, no matter what audio source I've chosen (on some camera apps you can choose what audio source to use, like "Built-in mic", "External mic", etc.)
The original, preloaded/preinstalled camera is org.codeaurora.snapcam, version 2.0.002 (1632-00).

VXP
Star III
Hi again. I would like to receive at least a confirmation that ASUS moderators/developers acknowledges my issue. Thank you for attention.

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
VXP

Hi again. I would like to receive at least a confirmation that ASUS moderators/developers acknowledges my issue. Thank you for attention.

View post
Quote @Y_ASUS 's last comment in this thread to let him know. They usually don't follow up on time even if you reply on their requirements on the same day..