Did you mean: 

WhatsApp in background

ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 3G
Firmware/APP Version: 339
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
Rooted: No
APP Name: WhatsApp

Hello. I had a problem with WhatsApp consuming battery excessively. I've searched the internet on several forums but could not find a solution to help me. As you can see in the screenshots below (they're in portuguese, but the time is visible), the active usage time of WhatsApp has exceeded the screen usage time. I don't know if this is possible but it happened, as well as it can be seen in the second image, the time in the background is very high. Only solution that helped me with the time in the background was to silence all status. I keep receiving message notifications normally, and the battery consumption is much lower. It appears that when status is enabled, WhatsApp downloads the first ones from each contact for instant view. This can be seen when you open the Status folder in a file manager and have statuses that have not yet been viewed. Silencing the Status of the contacts, WhatsApp only download if you click to view the status. This causes it to not run in the background looking for status updates and downloading automatically.
1 REPLY 1

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Last edited by Jei_ASUS on 2019/3/11 13:59 Hi andrer_marques, Could you tell me what you refer to by "silence all status"? If you feel like the battery drains when using WhatsApp, please help me charge to 100%, clear the recent app list, use only WhatsApp for 1 hour and screenshot the battery level and advanced battery usage information. (Settings > Battery > tap battery icon to access "Advanced battery usage") Thank you 🙂