This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

System UI freezing on daily basis

dvalko395_dv
Star II
My system freezes once per day every day. I can't do anything but restart the whole phone. I'm a proud owner of ZenFone MAX Pro (M1), 4GB RAM, 64GB internal space. I got it as a Christmas gift and turned it on the very first time on Dec 23rd 2018, so it's turned a year in my hands already.
I included a bug report from one of those freezes, when I somehow got over that huge system-wide freeze. Hopefully this will get a patch, or at least gets solved soon, it's quite annoying when you watch a video and all of a sudden, notification about taking a screenshot from over 8 hours ago appears on top of screen, letting you know the freeze has started.
13 REPLIES 13

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
dvalko395.dv

My system freezes once per day every day. I can't do anything but restart the whole phone. I'm a proud owner of ZenFone MAX Pro (M1), 4GB RAM, 64GB internal space. I got it as a Christmas gift and turned it on the very first time on Dec 23rd 2018, so it's turned a year in my hands already.

https://us.v-cdn.net/6031231/uploads/305/TI5JB1G1DVK8.zip

I included a bug report from one of those freezes, when I somehow got over that huge system-wide freeze. Hopefully this will get a patch, or at least gets solved soon, it's quite annoying when you watch a video and all of a sudden, notification about taking a screenshot from over 8 hours ago appears on top of screen, letting you know the freeze has started.

System UI freezing on daily basis
Have you tried performing a hard reset from the "Recovery Menu"?

dvalko395_dv
Star II
No, I didn't, but it's planned on this evening. Thanks for advice

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
dvalko395.dv

No, I didn't, but it's planned on this evening. Thanks for advice

View post
Its always better to perform a hard reset before approaching service center. Take a full backup of your internal storage files and perform the wipe data operation from the Recovery Menu. It might fix your issue of UI freezing.

dvalko395_dv
Star II
Okay, so I resetted my phone like 20 minutes ago, and got a system UI freeze again, this time with functional touch, so I could actually answer that dialogue window I got. So it seems like the latest update started being faulty, or it's related with phone age (which isn't very presumably). How to solve this? I'm not going to reset it once again, you can see the results already.