se3dling
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
Firmware Version: 2017.2004.063-20200407
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
After update of .063 FOTA update, I realize my internet connection is slow/not working at certain extend:
1) All in-app connection appear to be slow and unresponsive, eg: Instagram wasn't refreshing, FB wasn't refreshing despite of waiting but whatsapp is responding as usual.
2) I tried hotspot to my computer, at the google search engine was running fast, but not until i click on the search result link, it show me internet connection lost. I can't access all the other website except google search engine.
3) I tried update my app via playstore, it is fast as normal speed (~1mb/s)
Therefore, I'm confuse on the internet connection mechanism.
One thing for sure is my SIM, my internet provider speed is completely at good condition, I suspect the FOTA 063 update has made changes on my networking setting such as APN kind of things.
I also realize that my data sent and received seems low.
Please advise.
SOP64596UOPC.png

6 REPLIES 6

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
se3dling

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1
  2. Firmware Version: 2017.2004.063-20200407
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Always
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

After update of .063 FOTA update, I realize my internet connection is slow/not working at certain extend:

1) All in-app connection appear to be slow and unresponsive, eg: Instagram wasn't refreshing, FB wasn't refreshing despite of waiting but whatsapp is responding as usual.

2) I tried hotspot to my computer, at the google search engine was running fast, but not until i click on the search result link, it show me internet connection lost. I can't access all the other website except google search engine.

3) I tried update my app via playstore, it is fast as normal speed (~1mb/s)

Therefore, I'm confuse on the internet connection mechanism.

One thing for sure is my SIM, my internet provider speed is completely at good condition, I suspect the FOTA 063 update has made changes on my networking setting such as APN kind of things.

I also realize that my data sent and received seems low.

Please advise.

SOP64596UOPC.png

Slow Internet Connection after 063 FOTA update
Speed depends not only on the Handset. In 4G it depends on the 4G band it latches too. Some times it will happen for me too in same place(INDIA). It will happen when the 4G bands fluctuate between a FDD Lte Band and TDD LTE band. As per your screen shot network strength is Average at -89 dbm.
Two solutions you may try

1. Disable and Enable Airplane mode and check the network speed with any speed test app
2. Check inserting sim into another handset and check the speed(Note if the another handset has carrier aggregation , you may get good speed try so you need to try with medium price handset)
3. You can downgrade the version and check if it is due to version update

se3dling
Star I
vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/27840/slow-internet-connection-after-063-fota-update

Speed depends not only on the Handset. In 4G it depends on the 4G band it latches too. Some times it will happen for me too in same place(INDIA). It will happen when the 4G bands fluctuate between a FDD Lte Band and TDD LTE band. As per your screen shot network strength is Average at -89 dbm.

1. Disable and Enable Airplane mode and check the network speed with any speed test app

2. Check inserting sim into another handset and check the speed(Note if the another handset has carrier aggregation , you may get good speed try so you need to try with medium price handset)

View post
Thx!!! I will try.

HarrisEl
Star I
Even I experienced the slow connection. I turned on and off airplane mode to make the network work. Pretty sure it is related to .063 FOTA update. I upgraded to Android 10 Beta 2. Internet is working fine now.

Pritha
Star I
vckanandvpp

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/27840/slow-internet-connection-after-063-fota-update

View post
100%