This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Slow charging after update of feb-april

kenikaustubh
Star I
Before update battery charging was quite well. But from last month having problem of slow charging. After overnight charging also it gets charged from 5% to 70%.
Also shows 6 hrs for full charge
Please do something about this Team Asus

9 REPLIES 9

BlueHunt
Zen Master I
kenikaustubh

Before update battery charging was quite well. But from last month having problem of slow charging. After overnight charging also it gets charged from 5% to 70%.

Also shows 6 hrs for full charge

Please do something about this Team Asus

Slow charging after update of feb-april
My Max Pro M2 faced the same issue after .073 update and took 7 hrs to reach to 100% from 10%.
What you need to do is, battery calibration.
Follow the below mentioned steps :
Keep using your phone till 0% and let the phone to get switched off.
Plugin your charger and keep charging your phone in switched off condition until the charging light turns Green.
Do not turn on the phone until the charging light turns Green, once the charging light turns Green, turn ON your phone but do not disconnect the charging cable or do not turn off the plug switch.
Once the Asus logo shows up, disconnect the charging cable from your phone.
When the lock sceeen comes up, keep the phone in idle condition for next 10 minutes and do not use the phone at all.
After 10 minutes of keeping the phone in idle, start using the phone again.
These above mentioned steps worked for me and my phone now gets charged up normally. If you still face the same issue again after following the instructions above, change your charging cable with a different one if you have any other in stock. Also, try plugging in the charger in a different switch board plug point.

ZT-03b1a6f4
Star I
Did you reset your phone, if yes your phone need time to calibrate it, is your phone heating when charging? so you need fan to cool it. Mine just need approximately 2 hour to charge from 0 to 100%

DarkSide
Star III
OHU8VMPCEN9F.png
I am facing the same problem on my max pro m2

amul2040
Star I
i have exactly same issue at here.
definitely it is not the problem of charger nor cable.
it charged very well before update, and now it takes 7 hours to full charge.
i also test it with 5 different charger and 5 different cables. it's all same.
i followed the "battery calibration thing" in above comment, it didn't work.
someone from other site recommends "clear cache" at recovery mode, i did it, nothing changed.
it is quite sure that it is bug from this update. and i really feel sick about this "fake" chinese brand
every update has bug, audio bug, bluetooth bug, touch bug, and now charging bug.
and it takes months to catchup those reported bugs. and i will get another bug.
during 1 year, since i bought this shit, i could use it only for 3days without bug, since i did first update, well... haha
there is very clear solution to solve this slow charging problem. download old firmware and flash the rom.
i really wanna do that but all of my banking app is connected with my old number and i can refresh the number because of virus shutdown. i need to struggle with this terrible charging speed for 1-2months.
thanks asus, i will buy real chinese phone next time. not fake chinese