cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Search widget

sashastav84
Star II
screenshot-20200708-203730.jpg
Why does the uninstallable widget, on the desktop, search by default uses chrome, and not the google app???
16 REPLIES 16

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi sashastav84
Thank you for your asking. The search widgets of my MPM1 with A10 V429 and my MPM2 A10 V424 all search by Google in default. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Settings>Apps & notifications>3 dots on the top row>Reset app preferences
2. If this problem also persisted when you were in Android 9, please check you google account settings.
3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.
# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/
4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

sashastav84
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi sashastav84

Thank you for your asking. The search widgets of my MPM1 with A10 V429 and my MPM2 A10 V424 all search by Google in default. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:

1. Settings>Apps & notifications>3 dots on the top row>Reset app preferences

2. If this problem also persisted when you were in Android 9, please check you google account settings.

3. Please try to enter "Safe Mode". If the function works well in Safe Mode yet the issue remains out of Safe Mode, please check on any disturbance from the installed 3rd party apps.

# How to enter and exit "Safe Mode"

https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1005163/

4. Also, please try "the Factory Reset" 

Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)

Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

View post

This problem in android 10. The widget is always google chrome. Even if you remove chrome, the widget is still not a google app. I did a reset, wipe cache and it doesn't change anything. And this is for many on the zb602kl model in Russia. This happens on all beta versions of android 10.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi sashastav84
Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Your current firmware version.
2. Does the issue happen in Android 9 as well?
3. A video recording Search on widget>Tap "Resent apps" button below to show me the app 

If there is any link/video/thread of the same issue on other Russia users please let me know as well.

sashastav84
Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi sashastav84

Thank you for your reply. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.

1. Your current firmware version.

2. Does the issue happen in Android 9 as well?

3. A video recording Search on widget>Tap "Resent apps" button below to show me the app 

If there is any link/video/thread of the same issue on other Russia users please let me know as well.

View post

Now I'm on android 9 084, there are no such problems. And on all versions of android 9 there are no problems. On android 10, this is on all versions. I understand that this is the AOSP version and I cannot delete the search bar, but this bar launches the chrome app. After removing the chrome, the bar becomes different and launches the google app, but its design is not google app.