This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

"Files" takes document.title of offline pages as filename.

Teo_Filin
Star I
ZF Model: ZB602KL
RAM: 4G
Firmware/APP Version: *.338, *.339
Frequency of Occurrence: constantly
Rooted: No
APP Name: "Files" (stock file manager)

Last edited by owlsday.aa on 2019/1/29 20:22 Some browsers can save offline copy of web-pages (*.mhtml), which can be used later in same/another browser, transferred to PC, unpacked, archived, etc. Filename of *.mhtml is usually based on document.title of the page, replacing illegal characters for the file system. But the stock file manager (Files) shows document.title as is, and when we select such files to Compress them into Archive.zip - we have such files lost from the archive, and the app sends notification "can't compress one file". This matters for "/" (slash) at least; other non-filename characters also may occur in titles of web-pages.
2 REPLIES 2

Y_ASUS
Zen Master I
Hi owlsday.aa, Could you kindly show me a screenshot of this problem? Is the webpage saved on your PC, then transferred to your phone? What browser are you using? Do you mean the problem appears when the mhtml file's name contains characters such as "/" ? Please explain more if possible. Thank you for your patience 🙂

Teo_Filin
Star I
Last edited by Teo_Filin on 2019/3/12 07:56
Jei_ASUS posted on 2019/1/29 09:35 Hi owlsday.aa, Could you kindly show me a screenshot of this problem?
I use mobile Edge (Microsoft) in this case, same *.mhtml files are used by Chrome (stock browser) - to "download page". PC isn't involved here. As I read, "ext4" file system (underlying sdcardfs) can't accept just NUL and slash in a filename. Here, "Files" file manager tries to use not filename of the offline page, but its "Subject" field (not even - it's slightly different). And "Subject" contains slash! /* mhtml: Subject, <TITLE>, filename FM-radio is very poor in HW/FW/SW-ZB602KL(ZenFone Max Pro) - Mobile FM-radio is very poor in HW/FW/SW-ZB602KL(ZenFone Max Pro) - Mobile FM-radio is very poor in HW_FW_SW-ZB602KL(ZenFone Max Pro) - Mobile (1).mhtml */ Top: real filenames in Total Commander 2.91 Middle: "Files" to compress 3 files Bottom: notification sent by "Files" (This file wasn't moved). /* upd 190312: seems fixed in update *.340 */