This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

PlayProtect is disabled by default in AOSP developer beta updates

pabixyz
Star II
Back in .407 and in .424 beta updates, play protect certification is disabled by default. So it is not passed by safetynet, I think. Thus any online transactions may not be secure. My google pay is also not working after installing the beta updates. But worked fine in .63 pie.

Speaker sound gets low, after using the phone for a while. After cleaning app datas manually and after going to recovery mode, after performing wipe cache partition again and again only solves the problem.

I want a stable update with the fixes soon.
From an Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 user
7 REPLIES 7

pabixyz
Star II
I got a call to share feedback on this link, which is actually my post on the forum. I am not sure what feedback should I give , where my issues are not solved. I just request Asus team to work on the issue, and provide us a stable update of Android 10 as soon as possible. We demand it by the end of this month, and our demad is justified.
I am using the latest beta asop android 10 beta rom provided by asus. Build no ending with .424, and yes, I even don't have any idea about rooting and I just hate all those things. As a simple user, I love simplicity. I expect a simple and smooth device from Asus like it was in stock Oreo, where everything works just fine.

nidhin3
Zen Master I
pabixyz

Back in .407 and in .424 beta updates, play protect certification is disabled by default. So it is not passed by safetynet, I think. Thus any online transactions may not be secure. My google pay is also not working after installing the beta updates. But worked fine in .63 pie.

Speaker sound gets low, after using the phone for a while. After cleaning app datas manually and after going to recovery mode, after performing wipe cache partition again and again only solves the problem.

In my case play protection certification is enabled. I'm on the latest A10 version (024)

I think you can fix that by going to Settings >Security>Google play system update and updating google play system to latest version.
After that just restarting your device or do a clear cache partition.

nidhin3
Zen Master I
pabixyz

Go to Settings>Security>Google play system update. After you update that to the latest version do a restart or clear cache partition.

Im on the latest 024 version and my Google play certification is enabled

pabixyz
Star II
nidhin3

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/28316/playprotect-is-disabled-by-default-in-aosp-developer-be...

In my case play protection certification is enabled. I'm on the latest A10 version (024)

I think you can fix that by going to Settings >Security>Google play system update and updating google play system to latest version.

After that just restarting your device or do a clear cache partition.

View post
Sorry, your steps did not work for me. Even when I was in .407 version and tried all troubleshooting steps but it did not seem to work... and it doesn't work now too.