This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Phone discharging and recharging quickly after new update(Max pro m1)

akashvenu15
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Max pro m1 ZB601KL
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2004.06320200407
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: After latest update. (May 2020)
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): -
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
My phone discharges in 1.5hrs and again it takes only 1hr to recharge. This issue started occurring after a new update i got in May 2020. Has anyone else been experiencing the same recently ? Please help me out. It's only been a year since i got my phone and this starts happening.
5 REPLIES 5

kirandesai1994
Star II
I've been experiencing the same issue! i used to get almost 2 days of battery backup before the update and now it struggles to even keep up for 5 hours. The idle battery drain is shocking and has made the phone literally unusable, not to add excessive heating. Pleasefix the battery drain issue or you're going to lose a huge fanbase 😞

victor010
Zen Master III
Please follow below steps may improve battery backup:
1. Enable “Power saver” (Settings > Power management)
2. Close apps that are not used (Bluetooth, WiFi, GPS, etc.)
3. Adjust sleep time and brightness (Settings > Display)
4. Boost memory when you see memory consumes is high with no app running,
5. check for background running applications, stop/disable unwanted apps, you can manage apps from auto-start manager. 

kirandesai1994
Star II
Did everything in my capacity! The idle battery drain is too damn high! Up to 30% at times. I bought the phone literally because of the big battery and it did give me over 1.5 days of usage easily in the previous updates, now i'm struggling to even get 5 hours of screen on time! Asus needs to do some serious optimizations as far as the update is concerned. Hoping to get the stable update soon.

playeremers
Star I
update trashed my battery peformance too (same update version from OP)

needs to recharge everyday (it last for about 26 hours IDLE, it lasts only for about 5~ hours if I use the phone constantly)
idle drain is huge and the battery drains even if the phone is turned off

i need an update that fix that shit NOW
i cant flash custom roms atm, so i need to rely upon your shit service asus
i will never buy another asus phone ever again