This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

(MaxProM1)(v432) Hotspot Usage not always counted in Data Usage

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
The amount of data used via hotspot is not reflected at all sometimes in the data usage section.
Turning mobile data off and on while still hotspot is on starts the session and is reflected in data usage.
image.png
eg: 1gb data was sent via hotspot but only 37mb is shown that too after turning mobile data on and off.
@Christine_ASUS Have you encountered the same issue?

11 REPLIES 11

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anandu 
I just tested my devices, please check "Hotspot & tethering" <--> "Google Play Store"+"Youtube"
*Left: ZB602KL V432, factory reset>device setting with the Wi-Fi>opened mobile data and hotspot
*Right: ZB602KL V087, factory reset>device setting with the Wi-Fi>linked to the hotspot of V432 device and downloaded PUBG and watched YouTube video
p-20201130-154659.jpg

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi Anandu 

I just tested my devices, please check "Hotspot & tethering" <--> "Google Play Store"+"Youtube"

*Left: ZB602KL V432, factory reset>device setting with the Wi-Fi>opened mobile data and hotspot

*Right: ZB602KL V087, factory reset>device setting with the Wi-Fi>linked to the hotspot of V432 device and downloaded PUBG and watched YouTube video

p-20201130-154659.jpg

View post
It does show data usage but is very inconsistent. And it resolves when i toggle on/off mobile data.
Today i used 500mb on laptop via mobile hotspot and it shows less than 100mb used.
screenshot-20201130-144707-7e2.png
Thank You for the response and the depiction of data usage via hotspot. That same does work on mine too but not always.
Also i had reset v432 various times for different reasons and i mostly am always backedup. And it always a hit and miss with the hotspot and tethering.
Not an issue of worry for me though. Just reporting.
Thank you for the response anyway.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi Anandu 
My testing result is consistent to me due to my device on right, ZB602KL V087, had download some system app from the work place router first so the device on right had slightly more gigabyte usage than the one on left, which is ok for me. Sorry that I didn't clarify it first. BTW, have you unlocked/rooted the device before?
Anyway, thank you for letting me know. I am always glad to discuss some situation with you 🙂

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi Anandu 

My testing result is consistent to me due to my device on right, ZB602KL V087, had download some system app from the work place router first so the device on right had slightly more gigabyte usage than the one on left, which is ok for me. Sorry that I didn't clarify it first. BTW, have you unlocked/rooted the device before?

Anyway, thank you for letting me know. I am always glad to discuss some situation with you 🙂

View post
It's okay. I understood the screenshots and i believed it because i too have the same results, just not always.
No, i have never rooted the device or unlocked it, only a fastboot code for camera2api setting hal3=true. Nothing except for that.
screenshot-20201130-160217.png
screenshot-20201130-160306.png
screenshot-20201130-160322.png
Disclosing the app list if it helps in any way.