This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Fingerprint and silent mode vibration bugs on Zenfone Max Pro M1

Incandenza
Star II
I'd like to point out two things I consider as bugs on Android 10 builds for Zenfone Max Pro M1:
1) When the phone is unlocked using fingerprint, it vibrates. But when the unlocking fails, it vibrates too. This is a dumb implementation. It's better to keep things as in Android 9: sound for successful unlocking, vibration when unlocking fails.
2) Vibration when we activate silent mode is stronger than vibration when vibrate mode is activated. This is counterintuitive. The phone should vibrate more when we activate vibrate mode, and less (or even don't vibrate at all) when we activate silent mode.
15 REPLIES 15

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you for your reply. Hey Anandu, may you tell me which firmware version you tested for the "Originally"?
Mine as below
A10 V432
Silent>General (No vibration/Sound)
General>Vibration (Short)
Vibration>Silent (Long)
A9 V087
General>Vibration (Long)
Vibration>Silent (Short)

dibyarupprk2011
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Thank you for your reply. Hey Anandu, may you tell me which firmware version you tested for the "Originally"?

Mine as below

A10 V432

Vibration>Silent (Long)

A9 V087

General>Vibration (Long)

Vibration>Silent (Short)

View post
He tested in 432..
Just read it carefully.. the thing is.. whenever we tap the silent button in the the volume pannel (i have given screenshot above) the vibration feedback we get after tapping is very high compared to when we tap the vibration button..
Just check going to vibration mode and then to silent mode from the volume pannel

RadeonPS
Rising Star II
Anandu

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/120349#Comment_120349

Agree . Feedback on Profile switching via volume menu gives feedback differently than before. These need to be shifted one up.

Now

Silent>General (No vibration)

Vibration>Silent (Long)

Originally it was as follows.

Silent>General (Short)

General>Vibration (Long)

Vibration>Silent (No vibration)

Shift them up by 1.

View post
Christine_ASUS

Hi friends

Mine as below

A10 V432

Vibration>Silent (Long)

A9 V087

General>Vibration (Long)

Vibration>Silent (Short)

View post
I am sorry I can't remember which build but in most of the stable pie builds ( probably 63 and 82) and i have mia2, mia3 android one phones, all show the same behaviour under the before or originally one.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
Thank you all for your reply. I have forwarded the information of the vibration of switching the sound mode to the relevant department. We will keep you updated and your consideration will be very much appreciated.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi friends
After checking, the function is a default setting of Android 10 AOSP system. Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.