cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

FILE MANAGER APP MISSING AFTER UPDATING ANDROID 10

niknadzmi
Star I
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ASUS_X00TD)
Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2017.2004.424-20200414
Rooted or not: No
Frequency of Occurrence: Android 10
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I recently updated my firmware system from Android 8.1 to Android 10. And I noticed the default File Manager app is missing. But I still can access the app through another app (like download manager app) by browsing certain file, then clicking the 'Open Folder' option and it directs that file to File Manager app. But the default File Manager app is still missing in my app drawer list. Any solution?
1 REPLY 1

vckanandvpp
Rising Star II
niknadzmi

Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:

1. Model Name: Asus ZenFone Max Pro M1 (ASUS_X00TD)
  2. Firmware Version: QKQ1.WW_Phone-17.2017.2004.424-20200414
  3. Rooted or not: No
  4. Frequency of Occurrence: Android 10
  5. APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):

In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.

========================================

I recently updated my firmware system from Android 8.1 to Android 10. And I noticed the default File Manager app is missing. But I still can access the app through another app (like download manager app) by browsing certain file, then clicking the 'Open Folder' option and it directs that file to File Manager app. But the default File Manager app is still missing in my app drawer list. Any solution?

FILE MANAGER APP MISSING AFTER UPDATING ANDROID 10
Android 10 uses Files by Google as default File manager app. You can access old file .Manager in settings storage and select your mounted memory card. It will open files in default file manager(Old)