cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Copy old device to Zenfone Max Pro M1

Vlczech
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Zenfone Max Pro M1 (ASUS_X00TD)
Firmware Version: PKQ1.WW_Phone-16.2017.2005.082-20200506
Rooted or not: don't know
Frequency of Occurrence: always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I have new phone and I would like to transfer data from an old phone (ASUS_X008D with WW_14.10.1808.119_20180803). I selected "transfer data from old device" option on Max Pro M1, with using "next" step I moved to screen, where device name is shown. But in my old phone, there is no device to bluetooth transfer (I don't see device with particular name in bluetooth device list both on old phone as well as laptop). On the top of display, there is located only a WiFi icon, but not Bluetooth icon, so I guess the bug is that bluetooth is not enabled at this moment (if it is a Wi-Fi transfer, I do not see particular name in wifi list both old phone as well as laptop).
3 REPLIES 3

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vlcek.ji
Thank you for your asking. I have came up 2 ways for you, kindly refer to the link below. Please note that your device ZC520TL is now in Android 7.
1. ASUS Data Transfer app
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1035739/
2. Back up to Google Drive
https://www.asus.com/support/FAQ/1036182/

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact me.

Vlczech
Star III
@Christine_ASUS : Zenfone Max Pro M1 does not have the Asus Data Transfer app:
(original here: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.futuredial.asusdatatransfer 😞
#1: ASUS Data Transfer does not support AOSP ZenFone devices, for example: ZenFone Max Pro, ZenFone Max Pro M2, ZenFone Live L1, ZenFone Live L2 etc.
ZC520TL had Android 7, but nothing was transfered to Google drive via backup. Yesterday I upgraded it to 8.1 Oreo - backups work better here, it seems...
But I reported a bug, that device is not founded after start with transfer data from old device option.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi vlcek.ji
Thank you for your sharing. For further information, please refer to the steps below as a similar scenario I tried this afternoon
 ZC520TL TW-15.03.1810.194 + ZB602KL(Max Pro M1) WW-16.2017.2005.082
*You don't have to have the exactly same firmware version as mine, but it's please update to the latest version: Settings>System>System update
Done the factory reset of ZB602KL> Start> Copy apps & data page> Next> A backup from an Android phone> Open the Google app on your ZC520TL, make sure that the bluetooth/Wi-Fi is open and your google account is log in > Tap the pop-up notification "Set up your new ASUS_X00TDB" on your ZC520TL