Jer
Star III
Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
Model Name: Asus Zenfone max pro m2
Firmware Version:Newest Android 9
Rooted or not:No
Frequency of Occurrence:Always
APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app):Chrome, Gmail
In addition to information above, please also provide as much details as you can, e.g., using scenario, what troubleshooting you've already done, screenshot, etc.
========================================
I don't know why, but my chrome and Gmail always crash. Everytime I want to search or check my email, these two apps always crashed! I alr do force stop and clearing cache, but it all didn't work! Please help me if you know how to solve this problem. Now I use mozila Firefox because i cant use my chrome.
~UPDATED: FIXED~
To fix this issue, you just need to uninstall update the chrome app on setting, after that, you can update the latest version of chrome at Google play store! It's stable and this bug is fixed!
Thx to all of your replies guys!
59 REPLIES 59

zen26nathan
Star I
screenshot-20200520-213828.png
Hello, everyone.

It seems like the new Chrome update on May 20th, (20-05-2020) broke all of Google's Web Services on some phone models. As of now, the most affected are Asus Zenfone Max Pro series.
I found a temporary solution for this. You can uninstall Chrome (it'll set it back to Factory version) and you should be good to go. Don't forget to sync your Chrome with your Google Account.

miral_vyas
Star I
I am facing similar issues with many applications installed on my Asus Zen Max pro. What is the solution to this ?

tyodefirmansyah
Star III
What is the solution to this issues? I cant open my game and other apps.im bored now 😞

tyodefirmansyah
Star III
I have updated the firmware manually but still can't open apps (game and other)

Kannan21
Star II
I have faced the same problem. Just downgrade you Google Chrome browser and check everything will work. Please check if you are using Google Chrome 83.0.4103.60 please downgrade this version.
After that see everything will work fine.