This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ASUS_X01BDA Zenfone M2 Keeps rebooting randomly

davidmurphy
Star I
Can anyone help. I've had the phone for over a year now with no problems but in the last week, the power off indicator slides in from top right and I dismiss it but it keeps coming back in and eventually starts a reboot. It gets to Asus boot screen but then constantly reboots. Randomly it does fully restart but then it can start to reboot again at intervals. Then it works perfect for a day and it's starts again. I've taken off any apps I've installed recently but no difference. Any suggestions. It's on Android 9. Thank you in avance David
5 REPLIES 5

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi davidmurphy
Thank you for your asking. Kindly try some stay-at-home troubleshooting tips below:
1. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
Please try Settings>Apps & notifications>3 dots on the top row>Reset app preferences
2. Also, please try "the Factory Reset"
Settings>System>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.
3. If the situation remains the same, please contact ASUS repair center in the country of your residence: https://www.asus.com/support/Service-Center-All-Countries/
If it is impossible to access the service center during Covid-19 period, please try Call us: https://www.asus.com/support/CallUs

davidmurphy
Star I
Thanks Christine, I'll try those steps and see if it makes a difference. Much obliged. Dave

Akasha
Rising Star I
davidmurphy

Can anyone help. I've had the phone for over a year now with no problems but in the last week, the power off indicator slides in from top right and I dismiss it but it keeps coming back in and eventually starts a reboot. It gets to Asus boot screen but then constantly reboots. Randomly it does fully restart but then it can start to reboot again at intervals. Then it works perfect for a day and it's starts again. I've taken off any apps I've installed recently but no difference. Any suggestions. It's on Android 9. Thank you in avance David

ASUS_X01BDA Zenfone M2 Keeps rebooting randomly
It Could Be Hardware Issue/Power Button Panel Issue. If The Power Button is pressed constantly for about 10 sec, device force reboot activates. Perhaps sometimes it get pressed constantly for about that time so the issue appears and fades if the button doesn't get auto-pressed
Replacing the Button Slider Would work if it isn't a software problem. Seek assistance from Service Center/Local Skilled Technician/By Yourself -> just remove the back panel and see whether there's some dust or anything causing this.
Not Sure, About I highly Doubt it would be software issue. So focus on hardware. That's all tips/Trick For You.
Personally experienced this with my volume button..

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Yes, based on davidmurphy's description, I deduce the case as a hardware issue, too. However, there is no lose to give those software troubleshooting a try. Cheers.