This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Any possibility removing the Speed Cap set on Max Pro M2 660 soc in A10?

mauvin11
Rising Star II
The Snapdragon 660 in Max Pro M2 is not being used to its max potential (i.e 2.0 ghz) which slows down the device. Any possibility asus will remove the speed cap in upcoming major Android 10 update?
9 REPLIES 9

veeharish2005
Zen Master I
mauvin11

The Snapdragon 660 in Max Pro M2 is not being used to its max potential (i.e 2.0 ghz) which slows down the device. Any possibility asus will remove the speed cap in upcoming major Android 10 update?

Any possibility removing the Speed Cap set on Max Pro M2 660 soc in A10?
I think asus is using a lower binned Snapdragon 660 in the asus zenfone max pro m2 to make the cost lower. If it is the case then they cannot make the cpu run at 2.2ghz since it cannot achieve higher clocks speed.

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mauvin11
Thank you for your asking. As you mentioned, the CPU spec of ZB630KL is Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660.
image.png
(Ref: https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfone-Max-Pro-M2-ZB630KL/Tech-Specs/)

1. Can you tell me where do you encounter the speed issue? Any game app or any specific function?
2. Does the issue appear in Android 10 only or does the issue appear in Android 9 as well?
3. Have you run on any specific app to check the CPU speed? E,g. AnTuTu

mauvin11
Rising Star II
Christine_ASUS

Hi mauvin11

Thank you for your asking. As you mentioned, the CPU spec of ZB630KL is Qualcomm® Snapdragon™ 660.

image.png

(Ref: https://www.asus.com/in/Phone/Zenfone-Max-Pro-M2-ZB630KL/Tech-Specs/)

1. Can you tell me where do you encounter the speed issue? Any game app or any specific function?

2. Does the issue appear in Android 10 only or does the issue appear in Android 9 as well?

3. Have you run on any specific app to check the CPU speed? E,g. AnTuTu

View post
Yes. While playing Call of Duty mobile the device lags even in low graphics settings

Christine_ASUS
Community Legend II
Hi mauvin11
Thank you for your asking. Kindly provide the information below so that we can better assist you.
1. Does the issue appear right after any system/apps' download or update?
2. Kindly stay in the same place with the stable Internet to compare Android 9 and Android 10.
3. What is your current firmware version and your COD version? Please update to the latest version.
Settings>System>About Phone>Build Number
4. Please try "the Factory Reset", and re-install COD. Does the issue remain the same? 
Settings>System>Advanced>Reset options>Erase all data(factory reset)
Please note that once the Factory Reset is completed, all data, apps, settings and personal information will be deleted.

If the issue persists after performing the Factory Reset, please provide me a issue duplicating video recorded by another device for further checking.