This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Permanently disable proximity sensor

Lith
Star I
All it ever does is annoy the hell out of me by turning my screen off when it disables at random, or making me leave my phone in weird positions because I don't want it to enable when *the volume is low and I wanna hear something better*, and on goes the situations it just becomes a pain.

I can't, however, find any settings for it. I googled it but some I have found are not in my system. I have a zenfone live L.

Quite honestly, I never want to use it in any situations, EVER, and it's rather cumbersome I can't easily turn it off.
3 REPLIES 3

Falcon_ASUS

@Lith
Unfortunately, the proximity sensor cannot be disabled.
Based on your situation description, we would recommend trying to restore the system. 
[Phone] How to do the factory reset on your phone

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused. 

Lith
Star I

I would hope this is a feature in future versions. It really is a huge bother.

The issue doesn't always happen, and when it does a restart will solve it, but it's really bothersome to have your phone suddenly become unusable at random. One time it kept flashing on and off because of sunlight (or that's my only guess, given when it happened and that it would stop in the shadow). The microphone stopped working until I restarted.

I can understand that the "intended use" would be for when you have your face close to the phone, but again that is also a bother. I put it very close to me when the volume is low, or when I'm in bed and random parts of my body touch it. And I do not want the volume to become even lower (thus inaudible) nor the screen to turn off when I'm in bed.

@Lith 
Unfortunately, as the model you are using is an early version, it is currently no longer under maintenance.
Regarding the issues you have raised, it is recommended to try restoring the system to factory defaults and then check if the problem has been resolved. 
[Phone] How to do the factory reset on your phone

Sorry for any inconvenience it may be caused.