Please tell us some basic information before asking for help:
- Model Name: Zenfone Live ASUS_X00RD
- Firmware Version: Android 8.0.0 - Build 15.07.2007.57
- Rooted or not: Not rooted
- Frequency of Occurrence: Always
- APP Name & APP Version (If your issue relates to the app): Not an app issue
Hello and happy 2022!
My Zenfone is stuck with the headset icon shown on the upper system bar, on the right, even without anything pluged in the 3.5 . Because of this occurs, all the sound is gone (except when I do plugin some earphones and they have sound).
I'm pretty sure it's a hardware issue as the problem started intermitentely but now is stuck. I used a 3rd part app that overrules this sound issue but it filled the screen with unpleasent adds.
So, my questions are:
1) How to clean the 3.5 audio port? I tried vaccuum cleaner, cotton rub with a bit of alcohol,..
I read a post claming that the cover applied some sort pressure and made the phone "think" a headset was connected. But I don't have a cover.
2) Is there a way to root the phone and disable/bypass the headset permanentely? This would be OK because I never plug in a 3.5jack.
Headset mode alwas on (without a headset pluged in)