This widget could not be displayed.
This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ZF9 will not get any more updates - Customer Service confirmed today but that can't be right?

Boisenberry
Rising Star I

I talked to customer service today and they told me that the ZF9 would not receive any more security updates after the 1 year mark?!   He said it would not get A14 nor would it get any more security updates just like the "older phones".  Android is now warning me the phone has a security risk.   We were told two years of security updates and that it would receive A14...  Apparently, it is up to them if they determine the update a "risk" enough to push any updates out which they can do if they decide but no more regular updates.    They are still selling this phone as new also?!   This can't be true right?  Has anyone else talked to Asus and got an answer that is different?   

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Why would I need to prove what they told me? I asked a question if anyone else had been told that trying to verify but hey,  sure.   I got a follow up email today saying there should be an update.  Their customer service needs help. 

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

Anonymous
Not applicable

i have contacted asus support recently too, they told me there was supposed to be an update during week 39 of this year, but it has been delayed until further notice. this is pathetic and utterly inexcusable, imo.  700€ flagship phone, btw.

1000026921.jpg

I think you posted too soon.. New update has Been released 

tochmi
Zen Master I

Can you prove what you were told? Because they just released an update... 

🤦

Screenshot_20231011-134803_System_update.jpg

Why would I need to prove what they told me? I asked a question if anyone else had been told that trying to verify but hey,  sure.   I got a follow up email today saying there should be an update.  Their customer service needs help.