This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 shutdown in cold after Android 14 update

stainsm2
Star I

I am using my phone as wifi hotspot in my mountain cabin. Set up to the windows facing south the temp during the nights may be down to around 5 C. I have noticed that some morning the phone is off. It's connected to power bank and even when sufficient charge the phone turn off by itself. When I turn the phone on again there’s always battery left. The only reason I can think of the phone turning off is that the temp are relativily low. (never down to sub zero when the phone is inside the cabin) I have with android 13 seen that the phone refuse to charge in sub zero temps. This is normal for a lithium battery. I have never however, with android 13, seen the phone turn of due to low temps. Even in subzero temp the phone stayed on, just it did not charge

1 REPLY 1

stainsm2
Star I

@stainsm2 wrote:

I am using my phone as wifi hotspot in my mountain cabin. Set up to the windows facing south the temp during the nights may be down to around 5 C. I have noticed that some morning the phone is off. It's connected to power bank and even when sufficient charge the phone turn off by itself. When I turn the phone on again there’s always battery left. The only reason I can think of the phone turning off is that the temp are relativily low. (never down to sub zero when the phone is inside the cabin) I have with android 13 seen that the phone refuse to charge in sub zero temps. This is normal for a lithium battery. I have never however, with android 13, seen the phone turn of due to low temps. Even in subzero temp the phone stayed on, just it did not charge

i got this... https://100001.onl/