This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Crash on AT&T

nk_oro
Star II

As of 4 hours ago my ZenFone 9 is crashing as soon as it boots. The problem only happens when my AT&T prepaid 5G sim card is in. In fact, it will crash as soon as I put the sim card in. Resetting the network settings did not fix the crash. The issue does not happen in safe mode. I'm currently working on making sure my data is backed up before factory resetting. It seems I am not the only one affected due to this post on AT&T's forum:

https://forums.att.com/conversations/other-phones-devices/asus-zenfone-9-asus_ai2202-crashes-as-long... 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

An update addressing the AT&T SIM card issue has been released for the ZF9 today. Release Announcments found here: 3/28/2024 Zenfone 9 Android Update 

With the SIM card removed, WiFi connected. I would download and install the new update. Let the phone reboot to finalize the installation, and then insert the SIM card once everything is finished. 

- Cheers

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

nk_oro
Star II

Edit - the problem does happen in safe mode if I turn airplane mode off. Normal mode works fine as long as I am in airplane mode

An update addressing the AT&T SIM card issue has been released for the ZF9 today. Release Announcments found here: 3/28/2024 Zenfone 9 Android Update 

With the SIM card removed, WiFi connected. I would download and install the new update. Let the phone reboot to finalize the installation, and then insert the SIM card once everything is finished. 

- Cheers