This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

iamthegr1n
Star III
Having the same issue after upgrade to Android 13.
Whenever I switch to speaker I can't hear the person I'm calling or is calling me 😞 Turning the speaker off doesn't help.
screenshot-20221230-084721-settings.jpg

Xtechi
Star II
I am facing a speakerphone issue as well
When I am on a call and I switch to the loud speaker the other caller can't hear me ammunition
Is this a hardware problem or a software flao? Cuz I love the phone and don't want to have to sell it

screenshot-20230106-111936-settings.jpg

dimark096
Star II
Xtechi

I am facing a speakerphone issue as well

When I am on a call and I switch to the loud speaker the other caller can't hear me ammunition

Is this a hardware problem or a software flao? Cuz I love the phone and don't want to have to sell it

screenshot-20230106-111936-settings.jpg

View post
Just the developers knows if its hardware or software problem, try to talk with them in private. I had the same issue + random restarts. Sent it to certified Asus lab and they told me that it's motherboard problem. Offered replace or refund.

Xtechi
Star II
dimark096

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/244119#Comment_244119

Just the developers knows if its hardware or software problem, try to talk with them in private. I had the same issue + random restarts. Sent it to certified Asus lab and they told me that it's motherboard problem. Offered replace or refund.

View post
How can I talk to them?

iamthegr1n
Star III
dimark096

https://zentalk.asus.com/en/discussion/comment/244119#Comment_244119

View post
I have no speaker issues when using Google Phone app, so at least in my case it's a software issue. The only thing I'm missing is the Call Recording app 😞