This widget could not be displayed.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue

devilcat_7
Star II
Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.
The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.
98 REPLIES 98

Mawerick
Star III
This has not happened to me since upgrading to WW-32.2040.2040.23 firmware. However, I don't really call that much anyway, so the problem may still exist.
When it did happen (with the previous firmware) it was just a normal call over 4G to a landline number, and I switched to speaker right after dialing.

mattmayhem
Star I
I'm also having the same issue. Picking up phonecalls is random if I can hear them or not. Switching to speakerphone immediately kills all sound from the phone. Only way to get receiving sound is to hang up and call back. I'm gonna give it a few days, if it's not fixed, I'm sending this phone back and buying a different brand. Zenfone 9, currently up to date.

Mawerick
Star III
This just happened to me with 32.2040.2040.23 firmware, but it was slightly different. My father called me and as I answered, I immediately switched to speaker. He couldn't hear me and I couldn't hear him, but switching back to handset enabled the sound and after that I could again switch to speaker without any issues.

Normal voice call over 4G.

XSILVIOX
Star I
devilcat_7

Hi, I have an issue with the speaker option when I'm on a call. If I press the speaker option all the sound goes and I can't hear anything. I tested it with my friends phone and they can hear me fine but I can't hear anything. I assume this is a software bug. Please fix this.

The speakers work fine otherwise and this issue only happens if the speaker option is selected during a call. Nothing restores the sound again except hanging up and calling again.

Zenfone 9 call speaker issue
I have the same problem

Alexandermoo
Star I
I've the same problem