cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Zenfone 9 Boot-looping on AT&T

joeys332
Star I

Hi @Mansi_ASUS @Laura_ASUS

As you know, there is a catastrophic firmware bug that immediately triggers a reboot upon connection to AT&T networks. I updated my phone on Friday. Why has this issue not been resolved yet? This is seriously embarrassing for and reflects extremely badly on ASUS as a corporation/software vendor. How was this not caught by the verification team? It's been weeks judging based on the other threads I've seen. If possible it'd be nice to get an update on what the devs have said in response to this bug and when I can expect an update or fix. As it stands I'll be RMAing my phone this wednesday if this isn't fixed as it is impacting my work. I'd also like to hear about why my bootloader will now be locked into using your clearly incompetent dev team's broken firmware.

8 REPLIES 8

Hello there. Although I, and am certain many others, greatly appreciate all of your time and efforts I am a little confused about something. Since the Zenfone 9 is not supposed to be able to utilize the esim option, then how would be use the phone if we remove the SIM Card? Even if we were to attempt to utiize a WiFi connection instead, this would not always be a viable option. Please forgive my ignorance, if I am missing something that should be obvious. Oh, and thank you so very much for confirming that the boot-looping has been located so that the R&D team is working on it. I have regretably given away my old phone, after finding how well my own Zenfone 9 was working after it's first month of ownership. And although I had strongly considered purchasing a Zenfone 10 when they came out, there were already discussions about the next generation 11 which was supposed to have been in developement so I was awaiting that release. However, I must mention that my excitement was quickly shot down when the 11 Ultra was announced. As I for one have no real interest in purchasing any phone with the larger form factor, regardless of what type of specifications it might have. Thank you again. 

mooji
Star I

It's insane this is still an issue. When you found out that your update prevented all AT&T users of the ROG phone and the Zenfone from using their phones HOW WAS YOUR RESPONSE ANYTHING BUT ROLLING BACK THE UPDATE UNTIL YOU FOUND A FIX?
I have no idea how this got past QA for all your phone models, and if that isn't bad enough you didn't even manage to rollback the update. We're not allowed to rollback the update ourselves, you prevent us from doing so. You should have done it immediately.  Fumbling this issue has made me completely lose faith in ASUS and I'm assuming I'm not alone.

Even if you fix it, you've made it clear that I can't rely on your technology, especially for something as important as a phone.  This is not a device I can rely on for travel, mapping/navigation, acquiring transportation, SMS 2FA, or anything else. You really could have stranded someone in a bad situation if they were in another country where they were relying on their phone for translation/navigation when this happened.  I would love to get my money back so I can purchase something from another company. 

Gutter_Fool
Rising Star I

An update addressing the AT&T SIM Card issue has been released for the ZF9. Release Announcment found here: 3/28/2024 Zenfone 9 Android Update 

errorTamilan
Star III

When release bootloader unlock tool

If you can't release your sales will fall down shortly 😜

Future Rog 9 sales 0% only 👎👎👎👎